1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to not have water spots after washing?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Hondatuner88, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Hondatuner88

Hondatuner88 Senior Member

Hey guys, I dont know if this is the right place for this or not but I just painted my 94 hatch flat black (pics coming soon) and after I wash it...It looks worse before I washed it because of all the water spots...Can someone please help me out here??? I know it seams simple but I tried 3 different car wash soaps...they all leave like inbeded water spots...Oh and also...when I do get some pics of my car...how can I load them on honda swap??

Thanks,

Koby

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

load them in your gallery, which you need to create
    there is a write up on this in the gallery section i believe...

you should get a squeege(sp), or other drying cloth like a shammy...

3. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

You've probably got hard water like I do. The trick is to keep the car wet; don't give evaporation any chance to occur, and to dry the car as soon as possible.

Keep spraying the entire car down while you're washing. Finish a panel, spray the rest of the car down, go to the next section, spray down again, etc. And work from the top of the car to the bottom. When you're done make sure to dry the car quickly... Start at the top and work down. You may need to carefully spray still-wet parts of the car as you're drying, too. Just don't get your already dried parts wet again. :)

4. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

I worked at Honda for a while detailing and a good trick we learned in training is this:

After you soap and rinse your car, grab a clean bucket. Fill it to the top with steaming hot water....as hot as your tap goes. Start from the top of the roof and gently pour some of the water on the car (enough to cover the roof). Do the same to the front/rear windshields, hood, trunk, and sides of the car.

Now I'm not talking about dumping the water on it and splashing and shit. Gently pour the hot water so it covers the area in a thin sheet. What this does it as soon as the water hits the paint, because it is so hot, within seconds, it evaporates. Done properly, you will have about 2/3rd's less water on your car to dry. A quick chamois (non synthetic) to touch up any remaining standing water.

It may take a try or two to get it done properly, but you will end up using this method for the rest of your life....trust me.

:)

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

and you need 50 posts to be able to use the gallery.

start post whoring :p

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Don't wash/dry your car in the sun.

Keep a good coat of wax on it.

7. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

or buy the Mr Clean Water Filter system. That will help too...

I have clay content in my water table, so i get water spots sometimes... I just make sure to dry the car with a shammy very quickly after I wash the car..

Another trick... Compressed air, or a leaf blower...

8. Hondatuner88

Hondatuner88 Senior Member

thanks for all the help guys...I really wanna show yous my flat black hatch...It was totaled when I got it...And I wanted to see what others think...theres noooo why I can post it?

9. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

www.photobucket.com

just upload them there and then link them on here.

10. StarBellieAngel

StarBellieAngel Senior Member

two words: water DEionizer. :)

11. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I use the Meguiar's synthetic chamois. Costs $10, and I keep it clean. Working at the Ferrari shop, as an apprentice / slave I had to cleans lots of $15,000 paint jobs. You get so good at it after a while that you don't even close the roof on a Mondial when you wash it.

We had an artifical chamois, clean water and bucket - CLEAN sponge and meguiars car wash. Keep everything CLEAN and if it hits the ground (Well, we used to throw them out at the shop) put it in the washing machine and forget about it touching your car until it's perfectly clean and lint free.

On black paint, even lint on the towels produced scratches that the owners can see. Pains in the ass.

Take your chamois and outstretch it - Flat. toss it onto the steel and pull it towards the edge of the surface. It should be tough to pull, because it's creating a little vacuum between the surface and the chamois. This is good.

When I'm washing in direct sunlight, I keep it wet until I can hit it with the chamois.

-> Steve

12. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

id have to say... wax the car after you wash it.

13. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

You will always have water spots unless you dry your car.

I use a white bath towel then a terry cloth "sp" to touch up any spots I've missed.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted