How to obtain...300WHP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Would 300WHP be possible with a Supercharger and tunning? Or only a Turbo could give that kind of power?

Originally posted by ovcrash@Nov 11 2003, 01:37 PM
What would be the less expensive way ...

get rid of your honda. that would be the easiest and cheapest. with the money you get from selling it, you can put a downpayment on an older lexus sc400 (250+whp and good gas mileage) and mod it to well over 300whp. you could even do it with a lexus is300.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Nov 14 2003, 12:42 PM
get rid of your honda. that would be the easiest and cheapest. with the money you get from selling it, you can put a downpayment on an older lexus sc400 (250+whp and good gas mileage) and mod it to well over 300whp. you could even do it with a lexus is300.

the IS300 has 215HP as the crank, stock. Prelude 1997 as 200HP. From stop to about 70Mph i had a car length on the IS300, So i don't think i would go with the IS300 Option.

I don't know about the SC400. But i love my prelude and i wanna keep the car so..if i sell this car..(in a couple of years) i'm going to get a S2000 or a nice Scoobie...

Originally posted by ovcrash@Nov 14 2003, 12:38 PM
Would 300WHP be possible with a Supercharger and tunning? Or only a Turbo could give that kind of power?

Back to the last question... can someone give me any tips or answer to this? Thanks alot.

A supercharger could do it, but from what I've been told, a JRSC kit won't fit in an H22-swapped Accord. Only in 5th gen Preludes, where there is enough clearance between the intake manifold and the firewall.

And about the IS300....while it has 215 horsepower, it also has well over 200 ft-lbs of torque (it peaks pretty low in the powerband), and is rear-wheel drive with a rear LSD, so it'll completely kill a Prelude off the line.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 11 2003, 04:52 PM
You can pretty easily hit 300 streetable whp if you're boosting. As I said before, you WON'T if trying to stay n/a.

i think its possible with some custom-grind cams. take advantage of vtec. the h22 is capable of making 300hp n/a (JAS Engineering's destroked h22s make more than 300whp), if you have the money. but for cheap, i would go turbo or wet nitrous.

Back