how to tell when progressive scan is on or off.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok so since my problem with my dvd player wasnt the connections and was just the setting (i had to turn on YUV) ive been trying to figure out which setting is on for progress. scan on the dvd player. theres a button the dvd remote that says progressive. i press it and it looks different but i dont know how. it doesnt say when i press the button it just clicks over. on one of the settings, it seems more defined but then it "twitches" on still frames, like the dvd home sreen or whatever. then the other one looks normal. which is which?

do a master reset on the dvd player
then hit it once.

done.

you shuold be able to tell a big difference in clarity with progressive scan... its almost double the lines of non-progressive.

how do i do a master reset? unplug it? lol and its hard to tell the difference cause you can only change it while its stopped on the home screen

on some dvd players its an option under the menu.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 9 2005, 02:32 PM
how do i do a master reset? unplug it? lol and its hard to tell the difference cause you can only change it while its stopped on the home screen
[post=471233]Quoted post[/post]​

read the manual that came with it. i don't own the model so i can't say where it is.

options? settings? reset? something like that...

Or check on your TV, most TVs will have a screen/menu showing the current settings and also will show what resolution it's currently running.

i couldnt fint that on the tv either. nothig directly saying prog on/off or resolution. these people really make it hard to set up a tv/dvd player, lol.

Is it connected with component as we speak? if so, use non-component (S-Video, RCA, etc)and connect it. My default setting was S-Video, which of course didn't work when I hooked up the HDMI panel. I had to do it with HDMI on my DVD player.

Back