HTPC: Anyone else pre-order the Ceton quad tuner?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
I did :)

info on it here: Ceton InfiniTV 4 CableCARD tuner review -- Engadget HD

i was initially looking to pick up the ATI TV wonder digital cable tuner, since it has/had CableCARD support. so i went looking and couldnt find ANY of the internal tuners for sale anywhere. i found a few externals for nearly 300 bones, but im not interested in an external setup. i then came to find out that on April 1st ATI discontinued all support for this product, both internal and external versions. it was only a single tuner anyway.

then here comes Ceton. they release a quad tuner with CableCARD support all on a single card, and only requiring a single CableCARD. this may be a little more than i need right now, but it leaves me plenty of room for expansion. plus its the only CableCARD tuner currently available.

you can pre-order through cannonpc or Zones, though id recommend cannon, as zones charges crazy shipping fees and tax in nearly every state. my pre-order was about 410 shipped from cannon. and your CC wont be charged until it ships, which should be may 31st.

anyone else excited about this?

Back