1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

huge question on b18cr swap into 95 civic dx coupe

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 95eg1typer, May 15, 2009.

1. 95eg1typer

95eg1typer New Member

hey guys im new here to the furms , tried to do tons of research i just just cant find the answer to my problem. im running a chipped p28, stock dx harness, walbro fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and still when i start the car and go to give it gas it dies out unless i feather the gas pedal lightly. if i disconnect the map sensor from its vacumm the idle goes down to normal but if i plug it back in it races to 2000-3000 rpms... i checked the map and tps wiring it was correct... im at a loss for what to do i need to fix this asap i have no car!! lol , if anyone can help me it would be wonderful

2. frodotoolbox

frodotoolbox 92 civic si d15b

pull the plug for your MAP sensor and drive it.

3. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Are you using the stock dx map sensor?

4. 95eg1typer

95eg1typer New Member

yes im using the stock dx map

5. 95eg1typer

95eg1typer New Member

ok heres a little update... i fixed a vacumm leak and the car idles completely normal...but still when i go to give it throttle the car wont go past 2500 rpms and at an idle i have fuel pooring out my exhaust.... im running a walbro fuel pum with an adjustable fule pressure regulator.. i have it adjusted to 45 like i should for a type r and when the cars running my b&M gauge is well over 100... no idea why i was told it should go up to maybe 60 then drop back to normal .. i was told possible broken gauge but can my pump be putting to much fuel out ?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted