huge question on b18cr swap into 95 civic dx coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95eg1typer

hey guys im new here to the furms , tried to do tons of research i just just cant find the answer to my problem. im running a chipped p28, stock dx harness, walbro fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and still when i start the car and go to give it gas it dies out unless i feather the gas pedal lightly. if i disconnect the map sensor from its vacumm the idle goes down to normal but if i plug it back in it races to 2000-3000 rpms... i checked the map and tps wiring it was correct... im at a loss for what to do i need to fix this asap i have no car!! lol , if anyone can help me it would be wonderful

ok heres a little update... i fixed a vacumm leak and the car idles completely normal...but still when i go to give it throttle the car wont go past 2500 rpms and at an idle i have fuel pooring out my exhaust.... im running a walbro fuel pum with an adjustable fule pressure regulator.. i have it adjusted to 45 like i should for a type r and when the cars running my b&M gauge is well over 100... no idea why i was told it should go up to maybe 60 then drop back to normal .. i was told possible broken gauge but can my pump be putting to much fuel out ?

Back