I am going nuts??? wtf......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Well for some reason I have been thinking about dropping my all motor honda shit. I have thought about buying a s13/14 and dropping thee ole turbo motor in there.

Personally I love the way the S13 coupe looks with the frontend conversion. But I am not too fond of the interior, then again it's a cheap chassis.

I also love the s14 chassis and love the interior on that fucker.

Now comes into play which motor to drop in that or to even rebuild the KA. There is a company down here in south florida that does the SR swaps but mainly builds KA cars and there numbers are pretty impressive, I believe I saw 300/400rwhp from a stock internal KA motor pusing 1 bar.

Then I am thinking that I will just throw in some cash into a nice s14 front clip since it only costs 700 more than the s13 blacktop but has the intake manny that i want, and if I got the s14 chassis it would match up the chassis and I could use the spare parts from the front clip such as replacement calipers, shocks, etc..

but I wanted honestly throw some rasty shit on this motor, I have seen very nice top mounted turbo setups on these motors and they weigh a little less than the KA so that would be nice also.

then as I contemplate more I was thinking that I could for sure swap in the rb25det myself and to possibly give that a try since the front clip for that motor is 3500 bucks which is as much as an s14 front clip but you get more displacement and cyclinders along with a much more bulletproof bottomend.

I definetly don't want to go wtih the rb20det,,that is for sure.

Also the sport of drag racing is starting to appeal less and less to me as is the world of honda. The scene is really what is killing me here where I live and I honestly can't take it anymore. I am literally embarresed to say I tune hondas, most peoples responses are like "you mean like 2F2F dude" then I have to explain shit and the way I do things and they don't understand for the life of them and I ended up wasting 20 minutes of my time.

so HS members give me some input??????

Let me know what you B,E,pills,Calista,other B boys think??

Milan

My girl just got the SR20det (s13 blacktop) swapped into her 240sx. Shit is fast even with just the stock turbo. She did buy pulleys, front mount upgrade, and flywheel though. From what she's said you can make the KA engines hella fast too but she wanted the whole japanese engine stuff. Plus she's the only one in our area with one.

i love my eg to death but it so hard to drive it with out people giving you the your a ricer look. and i m tired of people tilling me i should put 17's or 18's and that i should drop it. then i get pissed that they dont under stand the concept of 15's and that you dont need a 3 or 4 inch drop and that you dont need grapfics like 2f2f.

i thought of buying a 95 240sx but i decided not to. what i like is the look of the s13 front end on a 90 24osx covertable (sp) it looks tight as hell imo

yeah, i know exactly what you mean. Shit I was going to run 14hx rims on my next project but I am still contemplating this SR/KA/RB project also.

I also saw it from a perspective that I don't have to gutt all my shit inside the car, and go on a crazy weigh saving frenzy. I kind of just miss having a normal ride that I can have great power, start everyday, Torque, nice suspension setup, and go drift.

I am getting older and I just can't see myself chillin with the good old 17 year old honda boys locally. I was always about funtion over fashion but that was going motor in a fuckin honda hatch, I had to go that route otherwise the bitch wouldn't go.

I don't know, maybe I am going nuts like the topic suggests but I for sure am thinking about RB first and then SR, not really interested in the KA buildup persoanlly.

I found a good deal on a nice S14 also, it has 123k on it and everything works great, it's an SE so it has that nice package, AC, PS, no electrical antenna though but new clutch, brakepads, slave cyclinder. The hood just has some minor chips but I would plan on getting the car repainted anyways. It is going for 4300 so who knows.

Milan

this past spring i found a shit load of s14's in your area 3000 to 5000 range with nice bodies and low miles.

s13
rb25det clip from r33
r33 front end coversion :)
mounts and downpipe from mickenly motorsports for perfect fit

5000, 12 sec car.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 9 2003, 05:38 PM
Let me know what you B,E,pills,Calista,other B boys think??

I'm no super skinny actress... :lol:

my friend just swapped an sr into his ride and im looking at starting my own 240 project

im planning on doing a s13 front end w/ the r32 grill, nonprojector headlights in 50th anniversary corvette red, gold volk rims, kaaz diff, w/ of course an sr or ca under the hood then i just drift away...

if your gonna buy a motor the best place is phase 2 they have the best rep

the ca18det might be a good choice for you...its iron block has given it an excellent reputation however the sr has a nice hefty aftermarket in the US id recommend that for now

I am thinking along with you

I was thinking for sure a S13 (light and cheapest) with Silvia front end and non projectors.

Fuck the ca18det, I am considering the standard flat black top SR, some mesh rims, a nice oem standard paintjob, and drift away.

The goal would be a nice suspension setup, and every mod without going interanlly and I would want to reach 350-400whp from that.

But still don't know,

Milan

Getting 350-400 whp from a black top SR really isn't that hard.
Try and get that from a Honda engine without going inside to reinforce.
Or with just bolt on's.
Not gonna happen cap'n.
I guess it doesn't help they come stock w/ turbo's.
I realize this now, and still I want to get another Honda.
What the hell is wrong with me???

im not sure what everyone else thinks but imo

240's are the next civic

meaning every riceboy fag will want one. youd be suprised at how many 180/240's i see running around

just look at all the ricer magazines, they are starting to push drifting more and more, that in turn makes ricers who read the magazines want silvias to drift in

just my 2 cents

I personally think they are fugly. However they can be made fast fot not too much, and can be made to look decent. They are still no skyline :)

I don't think the 240/180 will be the next civic.
It's too expensive. I can't find one for under like 5 grand.
Even a crappy one.
And for ricers, the big deciding factor for what car they get, is what their parents will buy them. Most parents won't buy their kids cars that are decently fast.
Or Rwd. My mom wouldn't even let me drive her 88 Monte Carlo SS.
And they didn't feature 240/180's in Fast and Furious 1 or 2.
That will be another factor.
I dunno that's my opinion.

Why won't american iron work for a drift car? I would think that a late model camaro or mustang would be good platforms.

mustangs and camaros wont work for drifting because they weigh way too much most drift cars are under 2800 lbs like 240/silvias, rx7, even the mr2

yes you could drift w/ an american car but the onyl car i could see doing it w/ is a 2003 50th anniv corvette :D

the closest i have come to drifting an american car was driving my dads 25th anniv, 450hp, 10.5 at the track, vette in the rain...NOT a good idea...o well

and drifting is jsut a phase like ricers are and i honestly dont think a lot of people would be honda tuners if it wasnt for hte fast and the furious it makes me sad to say that but o well im not gonna start a "trendy discussion" here or anything...drifting is mainly for show...grip driving is the true way to go if you wanna win so dont abandon your hondas just yet folks

Keep its real fo shizzle :lol:

Originally posted by sablo16@Aug 12 2003, 09:57 PM
i honestly dont think a lot of people would be honda tuners if it wasnt for hte fast and the furious it makes me sad to say that

Now that you brought that up, I didn't start to look into Honda "Performance" until I saw "that" movie.
Before everyone tells me :newbie: let me explain.
My cousin's b/f had a 93 si hatch back in like 96-97.
He had a fart can, a body kit, and some rims.
That's all. (Or so I thought.)
Now that was long before F&F.
I was like 13 at the time, but I wanted a car JUST like that!
I thought it was the shit. I was 13 too.
When F&F came out, it kinda made me interested in making them faster.
I didn't know you could. I was only a 4 cyl. after all.
I started buying magazines and stuff to try and find out more.
So yeah, in the beginning, I was a ricer. I am ashamed to say it, but I'm better now. Yeah, I might start a thread. Hmm...
Oh yeah. Come to find out, his car had more than that. He was pretty fast for back then. Runnin like high 13's on street tires.
Now he's boosted runnin', I think, low 12's.
Jose Morales. You guys might now him.

:cliffs:
I was a ricer.
Sorry!

Thanks sablo, Just curious. I agree. I have owned a bunch of cars and my honda is one of the best balanced cars I have ever driven. Most bigger cars leave me feeling detached. 93 LX sedan stock suspension D15b7 I/H/E. Bought new. Wife drove first 86,000. I got it when she bought a van. 145,000 drives like new.

Hey since your a grip guy. What's your opinion on upgrading my suspension. Don't really want to go lower. My 205's on 15's might rub. I was thinking new struts, a front sway bar, and strut tower braces.

theres nothing wrong w/ that man...ricer or w/e its just all about being real you know...

my dad used to tune cars in his spare time he built raced and crashed over 60 i caught the bug from watching my dad and "bullitt" but once i realized that i there was no way i would get a mustang i caught some of the option video stuff and i was like

hmmmmm 4 cyl turbo vtec (modern shit) > 1968 mustang 390 fastback (rust)

ugh i still want that stang tho i just cant find one of the bloody things that isnt covered in rust :D

hm ok fritz .... lets see well i have a 95 coupe that handles like a porsche...lemme tell you my setup cuz i think its just perfect (pardon the arrogance)

tokico shocks, ground control coilovers, camber kit, strut bars, and id recommend nitto 450s w/ 205 40 zr17 i had to take out my wheel well liners cuz tehy rubbed but now i have no problems...thats the setup that works for me

if i said something wrong flame and ill clarify and im sure that if i didnt answer your question there are a ton of ppl on here who know a lot more than me :D

Back