I am lucky I didnt get seriously hurt or even wors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Should I get a lawyer involved?

again..

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best thing you can do is IM me or call me directly or read all my other post. this is what I do for a living...exactly.

I'd rather see a fellow hondaswap mate get 100% of the settlement than some asshat PI attorney.

Vehicle damage: Go through your own insurance company but request the other company to give you your deductible back now. How well they respond to this request will tell you/me alot about what to expect going forward.

BI claim: You are entitled to 100% of your medical expenses, lost wages (even if paid under vacation or sick leave) and incedentals (mileage to and from the doctor (.375 per mile), prescriptions, essential services (someone to wash your clothes, rake your lawn, clean your house, etc.), PLUS pain & suffering.

Right now you claim is worth $1000-$2000 plus your medical & lost wage claim based on where I settle claims. Soft tissue strains/sprains are not worth much but you being out off work for 2 weeks increases the value. However, the other people in that other car have significant injuries. You need to ask if that is going to cause you a problem and if you need to notify your own carrier about a potential underinsured motorist claim.

For God's sake, PLEASE PM me for my phone number before you call a freaking leech.

Originally posted by Jeef@Nov 29 2004, 09:41 PM
The truck is being sent to coparts sight unseen and I was told to pick up my plates eventhough the adjuster hasn't seen it yet. I am praying its totalled. I should have the pics tomorrow.
I have a questions for anyone who has been through a totalled car before. How do I get the most for amount of $$$ for my truck? How can I make sure the offer they make is a good offer? My insurance company is going to pay the claim now less the deductable then get it from the other partys insurance company. Also, how do I go about making a claim to get some $$$ for the trauma and having to go to the hospital? I hope the kid that hit me has insurance.
[post=423921]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't take ANYTHING out of it...cd player, speakers, whatever. Make sure it's as close to stock as possible. I took my system out of the fodo, and got shorted a few hundred because of that.

Aheadau, my screenname is jeefsilverado. Ill pm you soon about this, tomorrow at some point. I won't get the lawyer involved. I work with a bunch of sue happy people so thats all I heard about today. I am not out of work as of now, I got stuck as paperwork bitch for the next two weeks. I am a manager at a paint store, so it does affect what I do. I am going to do some calls.
I wish I would be able to get them to pay for renovations on my Condo I was going to try to finish before Christmas.

Back