I am new and how are you

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cceinc

I am new to the site I have been working on cars since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Cars are my life I love to work on them but my favorite is to drive. I just Picked up a perfect 99 hatch for $600. The motor is gone but I figure I can build one that I like. Thanks a head of time for all the info.

No it is perfect it was a guy's commuter he rebuilt the trans the cv axles. Then the motor went out. He went out and got a new GTI and just wanted to get rid of it. I got a great deal.

Nice. welcome to the site dude. looking forward to watching your build :)

sounds like a good k-series candidate to me. or better yet, build a killer d-series turbo. that would be cool to see to.

reikoshea said:
Dont listen to nick (regarding turbo-d). He likes the crack. :)

bastard....j/k. it's an idea i would like to see after watching a turbo d-series at the track last weekend. it was a quick little car and you can build them on a budget. but regardless, good luck with the build and nice pick up.

Seany-izzle said:
k series or turbo d!!!! im sick of ls turbos and b swaps!!

hahahahaha, thanks for the back-up sean.

The k series is expensive. I have never seen a d turbo. Hell I having a hard time find a ls that they dont want a arm and a leg for. I want a 2000 ls to easy the pain of the install. I k series would be nice I am having a hard time to ge tthe wife to sign off on me spending money.

d16y8--cheap
well put together kit-- 2-3 grand (not used shit and name brand parts)
all the items that go along with a turbo'd car -- 1-2k

id say a turbo d SHOULD cost you anywhere between 4 to 6k when all is said and done. (including exhaust, guages, fuel blah blah bob loblaw...)

Welcome! Turbo D setups can be very potent for very small amounts of cash...

i have a d16z6 with brand new distributor i will be selling soon, i bought it for a mini me but my block isnt compatible, damn cx block!

ok I am going to go with a d16y8 cost less will be able to put more money in to the susp. Then save a little cash for a turbo setup Atlantic Coast Customs Style.

welcome to the forum. Nice grab on the 99 hatch.

Hope we can help. And the thing with everyone being so sick of B swaps.. well, there is a reason everyone does B swaps. :p

Yeah I belive I can make a unique sohc turbo set up. After reading alot I can build it cheap.

Back