I came home to this....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

New wheels :)
So after waiting for months to get some 15x7 hubcentric Rota slipstreams they are finally here. Here are some pics of what I came home to.
DSCN0025.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

Time to go get some tires. I am probably goint to run some Yokohama AVS es 100s on these wheels to start with as they last a little bit longer than the Azenis or the Ecsta MX while still remaining agressive, and can take a little wet weather.

I have driven on them both too, and I have them on my miata, I like them, but they suck ass in the damp weater, which we have almost everyday.

Originally posted by B16@Apr 30 2004, 02:42 PM
psh, fuck the yoko's get the azenis... don't be stupid :)

The Azenis suck for daily driving. They are heavy noisy tires and hydroplane in the serious wet. I use mine only for autocrossing in, and even then, I drive to the course in my Toyos.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Apr 30 2004, 11:00 AM-->
@Apr 30 2004, 02:42 PM
psh, fuck the yoko's get the azenis... don't be stupid :)

The Azenis suck for daily driving. They are heavy noisy tires and hydroplane in the serious wet. I use mine only for autocrossing in, and even then, I drive to the course in my Toyos.

you're trippin... i've been driving on my azeins for a year straight. water is ok as long as you're not stupid. i admit, standing water is not so fun, but its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. plus, we live in CA, it hardly rains here, plus summer is coming up, it wont rain until october.

I remember that day for me :) I like the slips, light, cheap, plain can't ask for a better, more practical rim.

Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 30 2004, 02:28 PM
i like my yoko es`100's :)

:thumbsdown: i really dislike this tire. its dry performance is average, and wet performance is horrible, ive only ridden on 2 worse tires in the wet, and thats FZ-4s and Escta Supras

shell out for the MXs or the azenis.

The MX are designed to compete against the Azenis, but have a litte better heat resistance for the track (azenies start to get greasy towards the end of sessions at road courses) however, there side wall is softer, and overall, alot of the road racers I have talked to had nothing really good to say about them.

Maseey, you have a miata? Thats bad ass. Screw your civic for autocross, use the miata. Miata>>>>>>>any at autoX

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 30 2004, 11:16 PM
azenis own.

daily drove them for almost a year straight...

hydro planing is fun :)

Not at 90 mph :eek: Eagle F-1s have been good to me, great traction wet and dry, decent on road noise, and they lasted a long time considering I've been trying to kill them for a while now.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@May 1 2004, 12:02 AM
i remember the day my slipstreams arrived, but they weren't from rota, they were from some strange dude in germany :p

:ph34r:

Where I live we have a ton of Eucaliptus (sp?) trees that leave the roads real oily when damp, which it is almost every morning living in a coastal town. I have had Azenis on my civic, and I have the MXs on miata, so I know how they do it the damp oily roads, and it is not that good. The civic is going to be my daily driver while the miata has some work done to it, timing belt and some other stuff coming up. So I want some slightly agressive yet good daily drivable. Then once the miata is daily drivable the civic goes under the knife for a motor swap, by that time it will be new tires for the civic :) .
Oh and in responce to asmallsol, yes I own a Miata now, I love it and I really want to finish the civic swap and rebuild as it is a project I have started and I hate not finishing projects I start. I will probably run the civic for a year or so then sell it and build the miata for all out auto-x.

Back