I Got A 89 Hatch Dx! Help Me To Add Just .5 Secs!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You stated you removed the Muffler/exhaust? well you might need it for some backpressure! Did you advance your timing on the distributor or is it cam gears? I have a civic 1.6 and race my friends 93 GS..took him buy whole car...I advance my distributor counterclockwise quarter inche and turned my idle up just a bit...I had I/H/E....His was DOHC, my SOHC ate it up...if you did the timming etc....right it'll revv it very quickly so you have to shift very quick too...Point .5 huh.....it just might be the driver get more practice... :lol:

Put your exhuast back on...get a reputable brand! not em' cheap pepboys fart cannon...I think you take him... :unsure:

Originally posted by 93dxKID@May 3 2003, 03:34 PM
im planing on a MPFI mini me hatchback...that is when i get the money and all saved up and run a dyno first so after all my modifications i can compare dynos, going to port the intake manifold so it will line up with an integra throttle body, i also plan to add (eventually) crower cam, and rods, adj cam gear, p/p head - new springs, retainers, etc, new fuel pump/rail and regulator (maybe) not sure if im going to buy headers - have to wait untill i decide to supercharge or turbo, if i go turbo i don't want to waste money on headers and have to take them off, right now im just running CF intake, 3in mandrel bent exhaust w/ CF muffler, right now im just working on side skirts and rear bumper

thats a little over kill isnt it? :p jp.

i would just go for nitrous, straight pipe, and/or mpfi swap.

aite thanks, imma try puttin my exhaust back on n see. someone else was telling me about that 'backpressure' but i didn't really pay attention to it. ill see what happens, thanks, ill let u guyz know

Back