I got a swap today and tomorrow...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
I'm going to pull the eng/trans from the rex today, plop a different block in, then a new head gasket, and my new baby turbo will be bolted in....
I got only today and tommorrow to do it, I have an autocross to make on sat..if I can get this done.....PM me for location and phone#. I'll be out in the garage till about 8:30 tonigh...another day with no sleep.

SiSteve's old D15A3 from that old parts car.....I just hope the block can hold out long enough so I can get the real one rebuilt correctly. and maybe a little bit of luck I can make it Sat....if not....then the Z might show up and slide some more. If I had a brake caliper, the AE86 might also go...but I still can't locate one cheap enough to fit in the budget.

Oh, the horrendous budget. I'll be at your house today, avec CRX. Today and Tomorrow are auto-x prep days (So we can be bright and early Saturday)

I'll see if I can grab Jeff later tonight and Jack today. Jack is off.

-> Steve

the EW4 is the number on the plate on the rad support, but the engines code is the D14A3.....and If the head swap goes right....I should se a full 107 crank HP, and if the turbo (TD04) boost's correctly, with just my ghetto FPR, and a borrowed FMU, and a tire guage as a boost guage...I hope to see around 130-140 crank HP....at only 7-8 PSI...

I don't call Rexperimental for nothing.....hehe

a tire boost gauge ? Sounds like the Autometer gauges... They read so damned high that the only way a typical mild Turbo application will read is when the needle wiggles to 10 (out of 60 psi)

Hell, hitting a bump in the road will make it read 14 psi.

-> Steve

Why can't one gauge company make all the gauges I want ?

I priced out the Defi gauges for the CRX... into a custom built plate ala Greg.

$1800.

I should make a little Bullshit meter, only mark it as "Investment Meter". I'll red line it at $12,000

-> Steve

abj.sized.jpg

Because of all the fawking drama today...I never got out to the garage... :(
I fell asleep with the wife, and she pampered me all day...so I was happy with that, :D but now I have only tommorrow to build and tune a junkyard homemade turbo, and won't have a chance to swap the blocks....and I have a connecting rod that's making some strange noises :( But I fear something is going to break this weekend at the autocrosses...I hope it can make it home on it's own.....Maybe I won't turbo until next month, when all the drifting stuff is done....

Nothing like a lack of funds to take the steam out of racing.

We'll get together tomorrow, but I gotta rob someone to play. Jack isn't going, Jeff is working saturday (Damned Jack took a job working every sunday, all sunday.)

Man, I just wanna curl up and die.

Air: Talk to me tonight. Get on MSN or something.

-> Steve

Air: Should I bring those 13" over ? You wanna swap them onto the CF48s ?

-> Steve

Then I can use the Nittos on Chris' rims and hand you your ass?

I'll use the nitto's sunday...and see how the work out with a little more power.

Back