1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i got in a car accident

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by cxjon, Jul 29, 2007.

1. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

last night i was on the way home at was about 8 pm so there is still light out and wasn't even doing anything wrong ie: speeding and what not so i was going home with my family doing the speed limit and wham a 85 year old lady pulls out from a cross rd and i swerved and smoked her front clip then my car deflected off hers and slid in to the ditch and and came to a stop next to the poll on the passenger side trapping my pregnant wife to be and she started to have tons of pain and what not. we had an ambulance ride and everyone check ok the monitored our baby for 4 hours and he seems fine my little daughter seems unfazed by the whole thing but she did get scared when the fire department took her out of my car in her car seat. tthe funny thing is the old lady said she didn't see me coming.... fuck i had my headlights on and when i changed lanes to try and advoid her i turned my blinkers on. my car is toast and my wedding is in 2 weeks i am sore as hell and so is jessica, this is just a shitty thing to happen at a shitty time

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

That sucks man...at least you're all OK though.

I'd say get a lawyer and sue the fuck out of her.

3. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

glad to hear you guys are ok.

That means nothing, it happens all the time, just last week I saw it happen on a 35mph road at around 3pm, someone just pulled out right in front of someone else.

why? because they weren't paying attention.

4. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

:ph34r:

5. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

Damn man that sucks, glad to hear that you and your girl are okay

6. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

yeah I am also glad your all ok ... Sue that old bitch ,,, Prob shouldnt be driving at that age anyway.

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

8. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Sueing some old lady most likely isn't going to get you anywhere. It was an accident which luckily didn't turn out as bad as it could have. Count your blessings. Glad you're all ok.

9. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

Yeah I see not getting much from an old lady.. Wouldnt have to sue her.. Just the insurance company. Isnt how that works ?

10. formby

formby learning in progress

you dont sue the old lady, you sue her insurance....

glad to hear you and your family are okay

11. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

i think thats whats going to happen, going to sue them because i am goign to get screwed..... my insurance comp said my car is only worth just under 3 grand and its worth lots more then that the thing was mint

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

prove her negligence and you got a good case, plus mediacl bills and the ambulance ride is costly too. they will probably offer you 3-5k off the bat for "pain and suffering". deny it and persue further

13. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

i just really dont know what to do

14. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

have your insurance company contact her insurance...
    thats what you pay them for

15. formby

formby learning in progress

i would get a lawyer that will only charge you if you get money. the insurance company will be little to no help.

16. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

lawyer is gonna take 30% maybe more?

you'd be better off going to doctors for the accident and waiting for them to settle with you

17. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Thank god your ok now.

Now take a step back and think about it. Do you want to get anything for your wifes pain and suffering? Me I'd be all over this.

Find yourself a good tort lawyer, and avoid the yellow pages. A 30% cut is standard, but who cares if your 70% cut is a large amount of money. You literally won't have any weight behind your case or anything if you don't have a good lawyer.

My grandfather was hit by a driver that crossed the median on the golden gate bridge in the 70's. My grandmother, in the passenger seat was harmed and in a coma for a week before she passed away. My grandfather sued the shit out of the guy, his insurance company, the city of san francisco and some other misc. people. Only way it could be done. San Francisco paid the largest as they breached their duty of safe transportationg and neglected the rights of my grandmother by having any dimensional median besides the yellow line at the time on the bridge dividing on coming traffic. The guy was drinking, and shouldn't have had a license, and shouldn't have been insured. Of course there was a humongous settlement, but the money didn't matter to anyone at that time. It took my mom 10 years to even bother using any of her share because of the grief that came with this at her tender age of 15. My grandfather did the right thing for once in his life and hired a killer lawyer and made head lines.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted