I got my b16a2, A/C bracket question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok just got back from picking up my JDM B16a2 from toronto and I was told before at different forums that i can keep the A/C bracket that came with the engine and that my A/C compressor will bolt up in my 98 LX, BUT it doesn't!! What bracket do I need, i don't want to buy a 99-00 USDM Si bracket if that won't fit also, but i'm not sure if it will work or not?? And i need axles, and i found some on ebay for a B18c5, can I use those axles on my b16? i heard that all b- series parts are interchangable but i just wanna make sure..

A/C the 99-00 one should work, but I have never done it soo, take that for what you will. The axles will work fine. Or you can buy some lifetime warranty ones from Autozone, and not have to worry about it again. The only ones that won't work for you are the JDM ITR's from the five lug, as they are a different diameter.

thats what I thought but I took the braket off the engine and took it over to my engine bay were my A/C compressor is hanging with the hoses still attached and the only bolts that fit are the 2 that are on the pulley side of the A/C compressor. but the other 2 facing the tranny are way off? AND on the power steering hose where the end that bolts down onto the power steering pump doesn't fit. But again I was told before that I can just use the b16 power steering pump and it will bolt right up, well now I have to some how cut off the end off my 98 lx P.S hose and flare the end and connect them some how. This isn't my first swap, me and my buddies put in a JDM b16a1 into a crx si and another JDM B16a2 into a 92 civic cx, and i'm not trying to sound like an asshole but I've been researching this swap into my car for a long time and I though reading through different forums I'd pick up some things and i did but its not coming out like people say, I ask people who actually did this swap and I never get a response, I mostly get what people think will work!! I'm makeing this JDM b16 an obd2 engine by changing out the oil pump and getting the Crank fluctuating sensor and just changing the plugs for the injectors and distributor. But this has to be a permenant thing, I don't think its only my JDM B16a2, but for the 6 gen swaps, the A/C compressor does NOT bolt up, and the power steering hose on the 6 gen civics does not connect onto the JDM b16a2 power steering pump!!!!!!!! I appreciate the help, but I still wanna now for sure what braket to use? And I'm using a USDM Integra Type R (p73 ecu) becasue it will plug right into my 98 LX engine harness. I was gonna use the JDM ITR ecu because it doesn't have the second O2 sensor and that Crank fluctuating sensor , but I don't think it will pass emissions... Even though its a OBD2 JDM ecu would it still pass emissions?

they used a delso bracket when they put my b18c1 in my civic and i am using the same compressor that came with the car and still got power steering to :ph34r:

I am going through the same ordeal on my 96 coupe right now swapping in a 99 B16. Here is what my research has tought me.

Despite what people claim the 99-00 Si AC bracket will not work with the Sanden AC Compressor on the 96+ Civic EX, DX, etc.

The 99-00 Si civic's use a Denso AC compressor which has a different bolt pattern than the Sanden AC compressor on the EX,DX, etc.

If you wish to use your existing civic AC compressor you need the 95-95 VTEC Del Sol AC Bracket. During 94-95 the Del Sol's used a Sanden AC compressor, which is why it will allow you to bolt the Civic EX/DX Sanden compressor to a B-series block. Do NOT get the 96-97 Del Sol Bracket and NOT the 99-00 Civic Si bracket, in fact these brackets are identical. I have heard this 97 CRV bracket works and is cheaper, but have not confirmed.

well i looked at my paper work and here some part # but i do not know witch one they are
38930p54000
50827sr3n12
50843sr3n11
but if i am right it is off a 95 delso, but check the part # on the stuff you have to make shure the one you have will work
later :ph34r:

Back