I Got Plowed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

On saturday night at around 5:30 pm i was stopped at a stop light when all of a sudden i got plowed by my friend's 92 for ranger (4wd), he said that his brakes did not work, i was completely stopped when he hit me, and i had a witness in my car, as did he in his truck, we pulled into a nearby parking lot and looked at the damage, he told me he would get a job and work to pay me back, obviously he did not know how accidents work, his parents talked to my dad and said that they would pay out of pocket if it was not too much, my estimate is anywhere from 2-3 grand worth of damage, i will take it to a few places tomarrow to get estimates on the damage, if the frame is not bent i will fix it myself and pay people to paint the body parts, i need a new rear bumper, new trunk, new tail light (right side), and the little piece that goes below the taillight, if fixing it myself i thought about getting a carbon fiber trunk and a front and rear lip kit, like the kind off of a 99-00 civic si.

:cliffs:
Got rear ended, might be totaled, i doubt it, unless frame is bent, getting estimates tomarrow, might fix myself.
Images of my car on cardomain:
Clicky Here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/671425

umm that isnt exactly being plowed to me, that looks like hardly any damage at all, you should have no problem repairing it yourself and umm civics are unibody so i dont think theres gonna be frame damage :) paint them yourself tooo

the frame is almost defenitly not bent, there is very little damage there. You probably don't need a new trunk lid either, the right arm may be bent a little and could probably be straightened.

Either way it look like about 1k worth of damage with oem parts, plus paint. Like 400 max with aftermarket "OEM-like parts" plus paint.

Doubt that its totalled. You plan sounds good, do the work yourself and you could probably make yourself ~500 Bucks.

the pics arent that good, in there are two verticle dents on the trunk from his bumper, those will not be able to be repaired, its hard to see the damage

you described it like the bumper was pushed in and the trunk was up in the back window. you want real damage? i can show you my wrecked EG.

Originally posted by ryangt@Jan 9 2005, 05:18 PM
umm that isnt exactly being plowed to me, that looks like hardly any damage at all, you should have no problem repairing it yourself and umm civics are unibody so i dont think theres gonna be frame damage :) paint them yourself tooo
[post=443416]Quoted post[/post]​

Unibodys have frames also, they just work a little bit different than full frame vehicles.
IM me if ya need any help.

after school tomarrow im am going to go and get a few estimates, one of em will be at a local honda dealership, miller honda in winchester va.

yea, id show u my old hatch. now THAT was damaged, actually there wasnt a front end and the dash was pushed back so far that looking in they couldnt believe anyone survived in my car. They said if the dash/steering wheel didnt kill me the air bag should have, and it did deploy. I literally just hopped out then walked away, I had to get 4 stitches though.

im not tryin to make it sound like my car got real fucked up, it just pissed me off a lil cuz my friend just got a license and his trucks brakes didnt work, therefore causing me more work and shit in the near future, that sucks about all of everyone's wrecks that have been real fucked up

YEA, i owuld be pretty pissed if that happened to me too.

my sister drove my prelude into a ditch the other day, but it's the beater so im not to worried.

Originally posted by swanny+Jan 9 2005, 04:24 PM-->
@Jan 9 2005, 05:18 PM
[post=443416]Quoted post[/post]​

Unibodys have frames also, they just work a little bit different than full frame vehicles.
IM me if ya need any help.
[post=443423]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks man, ill prob pay someone to paint the body pieces, what do people think about me gettin a carbon fiber trunk lid?

i personally don't think it will do anything at all in a performance aspect. On the other hand, its all about looks really, there isn't much weight savings there.

yeah, what i think im going to do, is get a oem one which will be $268 instead of the $500 cf trunk lid, ive also thought about buying a oem spoiler for my civic just like the one that comes on the 99-00 Si's, which would be about $100.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jan 9 2005, 04:31 PM
im not tryin to make it sound like my car got real fucked up, it just pissed me off a lil cuz my friend just got a license and his trucks brakes didnt work,
[post=443428]Quoted post[/post]​

Do his brakes work now ? Sudden lapse of brakes ?

I'm willing to bet he lied. Brakes, in any car newer than 1962, don't just "go away".

"My brakes didn't work!" is the CLASSIC excuse of a kid who just got his licence. Little do they know what a brake system even looks like.

-> Steve

:werd:

but it happened, just get your shit fixed and let it be done with.

I suggest since they're paying, get the CF lid, or if you're doing it just for looks since there isn't that much of a difference anyway re cover it in CF, its pretty easy and it will repair your old one if you know what you are doing, you can also shave the whole liscense plate area too, if you like that look.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jan 9 2005, 04:31 PM
im not tryin to make it sound like my car got real fucked up, it just pissed me off a lil cuz my friend just got a license and his trucks brakes didnt work, therefore causing me more work and shit in the near future, that sucks about all of everyone's wrecks that have been real fucked up
[post=443428]Quoted post[/post]​

Atleast you can still drive your car, and you are alright. My accident was hell of a lot worse. Some 18 y.o. lost control of his car and caused more than 22k in damages to my 2004 Silverado. (The adjuster stopped when he reached 22k but said it could have gone up to about 30k) The kid who hit me is claiming a mechanical failure and no one believes him including his parents and his insurance company. You want to talk about more work, how about due to how rental agreements work I have been without a truck for a month, and if my brother wasn't in Germany I would have nothing to drive. A month and a half later I will hopefully have a new vehicle this week. I also got hurt in the accident, I can't lift much or I get pains in my neck and shoulder, and I haven't been able to finish my condo that I have been fixing. Also having to go to physical therapy at 7am then working until 6pm or later just fucking sucks.
Just be lucky your accident wasn't really that bad. It happens and there isn't shit you can do about it. There is nothing worse than someone fucking up your baby but its all part of life. Yeah you might have some extra work to do, but its not that bad at all compared to what other people who have been in accidents have had to go through. This is coming from someone who has owned 7 cars and trucks and all but one of them has been in an accident within the first year of ownership (only one was my fault), including one within 3 days of ownership and another within the first 1000 miles.

yeah, i know, it wasnt bad, sorry about your truck man, this accident was actually mechanically failed, he has said his brakes only work once in a while, and this was b4 the accident happened, his dad drove the truck after he hit me, and said the same thing happened, sorry your injured too i know it must suck, i myself know how it is to depend upon others and do not like it, even to depend upon them to help you shower, im just glad it will be fixed and there were no major injuries in the accident.

i dunno, he shouldn't be driving something that the brakes only work sometimes, coulda been a lot worse. But it's still good that you're ok, you're friend is just a moron. I wouldn't even drive my last civic till I got new brakes and they weren't even that bad.

I have to get new brakes for my prelude but they still work all the time, the hand brake is a little messed up though, no one uses it in an emergency anyway, although I do wish it worked...lotsa fun in the snow.

Back