I Got Plowed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah man do the work yourself for as cheap as possible, you can junkyard a bumper cover and deck lid, the little unibody damage there may be should be really easy to fix just take some good pics and ask for help. Then with all that cash you save do some motor work
its a win win situation you get to learn some body work and painting skills and you get some $ out of it.

this deck is already black and cheap Item number: 7945838013 on ebay
and theres a shitload on bumper covers already in black on there too

yeah, you should just go to a junkyard and see if you can find a civic that was junked for front end damage, see if you can find a black one with the oem spoiler already on it. it'd be alot easier than buying an aftermarket one painting it and installing it. IMO

i got 2 estimates today, one for $1630 and the other for $1100, im gonna give the kid who hit me the $1600 estimate, and then im gonna pay a shop to straighten the rear a little bit (1.2 hrs) and then i will do everything else myself, what i plan on doing is buyin a rear bumper cover, front/rear lip kit, cf trunk lid, and cf hood, then i will pay someone i know to paint the bumper cover, lip kit, and while im at it, my stock side skirts, which are grey now, all of the body pieces will cost me around $1200, most of it is the cf hood/trunk lid, which adds up to about $800, the trunk lid im getting is a VIS cf off ebay stores, and the cf hood is also VIS oem style, no crazy shit on the hood, lol, what does everyone think about my plans?
i will also order the right body piece (under the rear tail light) from the bodyshop.

also, when i get my tax return this year, i plan on buying RSR Ex Mag exhaust, and maybe even headlights, oem style but painted black inside instead of the stock chrome, and i know how u suggested buying engine parts, but i plan on swapping the car this summer or next winter, in which i have $4000 waiting in the stock market for me, so that is why i plan upon waiting for engine mods, besides my intake and then the rsr exhaust. i will probably go for a gsr swap + some mods, then in the future go for a custom turbo kit.

why not just spend 325 at a local yard and get the trim piece, light, bumper cover, inner support for the bumber if it is damaged.
then take the remaining 1275, buy a hood, trunk lid and other parts then paint them or don't and you still have cash in the bank

im not exactly sure what ima do yet cuz im not completely positive he's payin out of pocket, if he goes to insurance, then im not going to be able to do any od these things, just back to oem shit

Back