I got pulled over too...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok.

Anyway, I'm prolly gonna pay the ticket and not contest it. If I miss out on work, I lose $160, just to fight a $100 ticket. Doesn't make good financial sense.

Then, showing up doesn't guarantee a win. And thus it will turn into a $200 ticket before I know it.

as far as owing the DMV $2000, no, not a DUI or anything criminal. I pulled the insurance on two of my summer cars last year - And now it's punishable by hefty fines to do that. And all of my registrations got pulled. It was a $3500 ordeal, but I've got enough of the fines paid off to get my licence back.

So I have to pay these fines before they will let me register in the state again. $2000 isn't that easy to come up with, even if you're making $45 an hour. So I set up a bank account that I'm slowly saving to pay off the fines and be legal again.

I'm trying to play by the rules, but I can't get rides to work all the time, and if I can't get to work then I lose a lot more than my means of driving.

-> Steve

I was excited about pursuing justice, but after doing the math it's damned if I do, damned if I don't. If I show up in court, they may just take my car (Courts can do that, as observed with my OLD 73 Firebird which was demanded to be sold within 24 hours. Speeding. )

Shitty deal all around. I hate the stupid fucking threats.

Last year, I traveled to a local remote area. It takes an hour of country driving to get there. I was 13 miles out past pavement on a gravel road. My girlfriend and I picked a camping spot, and took my quad for a small cruise.

I made it less than a mile, when I stopped to look at a sign with a motorcyle and a slash through it. As we were looking at the sign, a Forestry officer chirped his siren at me.

Long story short. He gives me a "riding on the roadway" ticket. When I asked him to just cut me a break, since there were no signs for 13 miles, he said "zero tolerance". Too many offenders. They post the sign 13 miles in so that people that come in from both sides of the road can see it, in the middle of a 26 mile stretch?

I argued. He threatened me with a ticket for my ORV sticker(Off Road Vehicle). I snapped.

"How in the fuck can you give me a ticket for riding on the roadway and then threaten me with an off road vehicle sticker? Make up your fucking mind man."

$60 ticket, if you pay it, you don't get anything on your record. If I took a day off of work and traveled 1 1/2 hours away(nowhere near that same area), I could fight it, face a bigger fine and jail time, and the infraction would go on my record.

[/threadjack]

Fuck pigs.

Back