i had no brakes this morning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
yup. the hydo fluid in my lines were frozen. pedal was pretty much just stuck.
i had to hand brake it home for half way.... and that was after 20 min of letting the biotch warm up.
the clutch felt weird as hell too... it was prob half frozen.

crazy shit y0

Both of you guys need to flush your fluid and put in normal dot3 fluid that is not as hydroscopic. Your fluid is old, has absorbed alot of moisture, and now froze.

Originally posted by Paperchaser013@Jan 16 2004, 12:12 PM
FL>CALI>CT>the other 47 states.. its like 80 degrees out right now :worthy: FL

Ummmm, you've got bugs, Disneyworld, old people, humidity, hurricanes, and incompetent elected officials. I beg to differ with your claim. :D

The more I hear about all this stuff, the more I like Chicago. :) Sure it can get cold sometimes, but it's pleasant most of the spring summer and fall, no humidity, no hurricanes, earthquakes, or other major natural disasters (other than the occasional tornado, and they rarely if ever hit Chicago itself), and most importantly, almost NO RICERS. Every day I hear these horror stories about people seeing ricey cars every day. I see them once every 2 weeks, if not less.

The AE86 was converted from the SR5 to the GTS...all new brakes, all new trany fluid and all new hydro clutch fluid, oil, powersteering fluid, and anitfreeze......... B)

and it still was hifting stiffer than hell, clutch wouldn't fully engage, and brakes were spongy... <_<

IT's just damn cold.

I'm in cali, and my brakes work fine! It takes a little longer for the tires on my cbr to warm up on some nights, so I can't wheelie as well.

Back