I Hate Harry Potter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ohh I see. I live in Lake Stevens, if you know where that is, a hick ass town with all these wanna be kids.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jun 11 2003, 11:02 PM
Explain to me how you know that was the local community college everyone attends, and no I am not going there, I am probably going to UW. I have a 3.7 with 2 AP classes each semester.

GPA is 50%, SAT's are the other 50%...I made like a 1180 on the SAT's--hungover mind you, but I still went to community college becuase all I did was party in HS.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jun 11 2003, 11:15 PM
Ohh I see. I live in Lake Stevens, if you know where that is, a hick ass town with all these wanna be kids.

Uhh, what town in WA isn't a hick ass town....and I beleive this is in order :

hijacklive.jpg

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jun 11 2003, 08:15 PM

GPA is 50%, SAT's are the other 50%...I made like a 1180 on the SAT's--hungover mind you, but I still went to community college becuase all I did was party in HS.

Oh, I am shooting for a 1400 on the sat's and I am going to take it over and again till I get that. I don't party or do any of that shit, the worst thing I do is maybe speed a lil and even then, it is a time and a place. I know how it is if you don't go to college or a good one, so I say yeah I must put in my all, and get into a good one, so I have chances in life and will be able to support my family and do something.

Have you never been to places like capitol hill, medina, mercer island, redmond, issaquah plateau area? I lived in Kirkland for years, not many hicks at all there, mostly rich people. My dad runs a big siding business from bellevue area and yeah, none of his jobs are hick whatsoever, all ritzy and shit.

Just so you eager minds know college isn't going to just open the doors to higher income and a better standard of living. There are many fucking idiots with degrees running around. Statistically there is a higher success rate if one goes to a CC and then to a University. I know that employers don't really offer employment solely based on someone's awesome GPA. I did terrible on my SAT's and one of my girlfriends did great. I finish college and the dumb bitch dropped out of high school and still works at the ice cream store when I first meet her high school. It's all about you, who you will eventually become because of post secondary education. I do agree with you that the higher ranked universities do offer more qualified professors and also they tend to have a little different ciriculum.

One of my good friends that I went to high school with dropped out when he was 15. He sold drugs for a little while until he was about 19. Then he decided one day that he was going into a shitter. He got his GED, went to CC and recieved many scholarships and was apart of the Honor Society. Then I meet up with him when I was about to graduate from college. He has a excellant GPA currently and is about to graduate in one semester. I ended up finishing before him but thats not the point.

And for all of you going to college, stay away from going greek your first year. You will understand that it's just plain stupid.

Milan

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jun 11 2003, 08:42 PM
nerds read books on math theories and sci-fi.

People read math and physics books so that they know what the Rod/Stroke ratio of an engine actually means and can sift through all the BS that comes down through the intardnet about it. ;)

Why would you hate on sci-fi? Is it because all the cool kids at your high school made fun of it and you so desperately wanted to fit in with them that you make fun of it too? Sci-fi is like any genre, there are really good authors (Isaac Asimov, Piers Anthony, Orson Scott Card, etc.) and there are really bad authors (I can't think of any that I have read recently). It really makes people look ignorant when they come down on a certain genre of book just because "only nerds read that".

Milan, I counldn't have said it better myself. You can get a degree in anything these days. How do you think the average football player makes it through College? (Talking average here, not all. The head of CE here was a football player...)

Back