I hate people rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Ok, so here's the most recent event that just killed my motivation to be an active member of society. Just for background, I was driving my 1991 240sx fast back with a silvia conversion and sr20det swap, but the main thing is that is has a Right Hand drive conversion. With the japanese rhd conversion there is no VIN plate in the window.

So i was on my way home and I got pulled over for speeding by the local county sheriff. The first thing he said to me was, "you can't have this, this is illegal". So he takes my license, registration and insurance paperwork. Comes back about 15 minutes later and says, "you are going to have to explain why I shouldn't impound this THING". "you can't have a right hand drive car" "I don't have the code for it, I just know it's illegal"

So I explained it was legal, and registered and inspected with the Washington State Police. AND just the night before, the police chief in the town I grew up in DROVE it and didn't say anything other than it's the coolest thing he's ever driven. (the chief was at my parents house for a bbq and i offered to let him drive it)

So after talking to him, he takes the vin on the door well stamp and takes all the paperwork he already had, and runs that and my plates in the data bank. Verifies that it isn't stolen and comes back about another 10 minutes later. He says, here's your speeding ticket, and i'm going to impound your car until the state can inspect the secret VINs to verify it's not stolen.

So I'm not really pissed, just upset. So I get out and move the car. It gets towed, and I go home. The next day, the county theft detective called me and says, "You can go get your car out of impound, we are going to foot the bill on this one"

So I go to pick it up, and the cops didn't send the paperwork to the local towing yard. So now I have to go get it today. At least I don't have to pay the tow and impound, just for the speeding ticket. I think the sheriff just had it impounded to give him more time to find where right hand drive is illegal and they couldn't find anything so they just let it go. bastards.

So it brings me to my rant. Cops are like thieves. they just don't want people to have anything better than them. If you have something better they get all pissed and angry. If my car is better, it gets a ticket or stolen, if they are pissed my gf is hot and they have a fat ugly wife at home, they have a vendetta against me. it just pisses me off that I don't do anything but the occasional speeding. no drugs, i don't drink and drive. I just want to have nice things and i can't because there is always going to be someone to fuck with me because of it. He didn't imound it because he thought it was stolen, he impounded it just BECAUSE HE CAN.

:cliffs: got pulled over by a sheriff. got impounded cause he was pissed. got it out of impound with the sheriff paying the towing and impound bill because they couldn't find anything illegal about it. and now i want to just kill stupid people even more.

Well, when you choose to break the molds you have to have the mindset to deal with the fallout.

try owning an exotic pistol. They FREAK.

And yes, I feel this pain. I had a Celica impounded because he wanted to look it over. When I went to get it back "they footed the bill" but the wrecker had backed it into another car and purposely opened th esunroof and windows in the rain

They just did it to fucking piss me off.

yeah, just like when i had a bunch of shit and my radar detector stolen out of the civic when i rolled it. fuck.

you should have asked him if he pulls over mail men.

I should copy and paste this thread, to every little ricer that *NEEDS* a RHD car and claims that it won't bring added attention or tickets. In all seriousness, many people on NASIOC made that argument, that a RHD car isn't illegal so it won't bring added attention. right....

Next time, if you have a lawyer, call him up and try to get him down there to handle the situation. If you can sue the city for lost wages, because of the time lost to dealing with this issue, then I'd do it.

The other night I got asked by a cop down here why there was no interior in the rear of my car. The retard was walking around the student parking lot at 7pm just looking for stuff. I flat out told him because My carpet was shitty and the seat was added weight. He immediately responds with "so you street race?".

Uhghhh. Fucking profiling bitches.

I tongue and cheek it, say no and add that my car wouldn't be able to beat anything worth racing. I go about my business. He took down my plates.

:dry:

The other night I got asked by a cop down here why there was no interior in the rear of my car. The retard was walking around the student parking lot at 7pm just looking for stuff. I flat out told him because My carpet was shitty and the seat was added weight. He immediately responds with "so you street race?".

should've told him someone stole your interior...

I don't pull over for campus cops nor for parking lot sescurity. Just drive on.

I had a column of them following me around UCONN on their bullhorns. they can't do shit. I found a parking spot and they wrote me a ticket for a private noise ordinance which I never responded to. But I got out of the car and walked on, even when they yelled at me to stay in the car.

It's when they call the staties that I start to move.

yea, but marist is a private school

my last year at Ualbany the campus police had state police status...
very not cool

RHD's are illegal? No shit... Somebody should have told my dad that when he had his 1954 Rolls Royce Silver Dawn RHD... :rollseyes:

Quoted post[/post]]
RHD's are illegal? No shit... Somebody should have told my dad that when he had his 1954 Rolls Royce Silver Dawn RHD... :rollseyes:

they are totally illegal. that's why they didn't cite me for anything. that's why i don't have to pay for anything. haha.

I used to drive all sorts of RHD cars at the shop and the cops would love them

You got a dick head cop, and a dick head cop will always find something and pull something out of his ass to make you miserable.

I was pulled over for over an hour in my 4Runner while he had a "professional" called onsite to check everything wit hthe truck for mods, suspension, ride heights.. you name it. They measured the height of my headlights.

Quoted post[/post]]
I used to drive all sorts of RHD cars at the shop and the cops would love them

You got a dick head cop, and a dick head cop will always find something and pull something out of his ass to make you miserable.

I was pulled over for over an hour in my 4Runner while he had a "professional" called onsite to check everything wit hthe truck for mods, suspension, ride heights.. you name it. They measured the height of my headlights.

yeah, he was a dick. we talked about loud ass harleys and jacked up trucks. he didn't even pay attention to the fact that didn't have a front plate or custom exhaust. he was motivated to fuck my weekend, and he did it well. he was motivated and couldn't be stopped. then as my car was being carried away, he talked to me all casual like i was his friend. all simply cause cops can do whatever they want.

Yeah campus police are mostly harmless. My car was parked and I was walking away when he asked about the car. They patrol the parking lots after dark, due to a lot of complaints by the girls at school. I don't blame them - but the cops are real dicks to anyone who doesn't do 5mph throught the whole 3/4mile long parking lot.

Hell, our campus police don't have guns - or mace. It's only the 2 unmarked Crown Vics with staties in them that I watch out for.

Back