I hate to be a bastard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah i totaled my 97 Civic Dx which i bought for 2500$.. insurance gave me 4500$. GO SYSTEM! haha

are you really 14? just wondering...
Yeah, well almost 15 ;D. And I guess you could call the DX my dads car. I don't mean to brag or anything but I did the motor swap almost completly by myself. The only part I got helped with was actually pulling the motor out and the new one in. All of the wiring and hoses ect. I did.

I'm impressed i can barely change spark plugs....... lol well i can do it all i just dont have the tools and the experience. I live in an apartment, dont have much money and was raised mostly in Toronto and ive really only been into cars the last couple years or so.

wow man that is impressive!

and on the topic of insurance, i have my 97 accord SE under full coverage with one reck, no tickets, and i pay 121.36 a month

In any case, it's not ethical to pull the engine out before you hand the car to the insurance company, but they usually won't even check or even see the car. All they want to know is that it's off the road and junked so that it's not drivable anymore.

The morally correct thing to do would be to buy back the car for the salvage price (usually just a few hundred dollars, sometimes even less), then strip out what you want. Once I even just straight up asked the insurance guy if I could pull a few things out of the car before it was taken away, and was given the OK to take out what I wanted to keep.

I'm impressed i can barely change spark plugs....... lol well i can do it all i just dont have the tools and the experience. I live in an apartment, dont have much money and was raised mostly in Toronto and ive really only been into cars the last couple years or so.
Well we have 2 acres. I learned a lot from my dad and I teach him some things too. Like most people we are learning how to do things constantly. Our next project is to try a h22a swap into our 90 Accord, we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
You should consider yourself privileged to have the space and a father interested in it with you. Its really only me and maybe 3 or 4 of my friends. Only 2 of them actually own cars lol.

Back