I have a question for the experts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RE101

Hello forum! This isnt going to be a genral question you guys would see but here it go's I hope its int he right place on your board.
Thanks in advance for the help. I am builing a midengine rockcrawler and going to be using a honda/acura powerplant. The last one I built I used a d16 but i would like a bit more power but the physical size of the engine is a issue. It needs to be a reverse rotation engine as well so only d series or b series i think it also must be an auto.

I would like to do a b18b or b20z I think the powerband seems to more fitting for what im doing with it also vtec will not work cause i wont see alot of high rpm time kinda of a waste.

I ive looked all over the place for physical measurements of these engines with no luck. For those of you that know the engine are these to motors roughly the same size as the d16 or alot bigger? is the wiring alot harder motor/tranny wise on these?

thanks again in advance

Physically, the b-series is about 2 inches wider, 3 inches taller and about 6 inches deeper (radiator to firewall in normal civic convention) than a d-series. wiring is pretty much the same per obd versions, especially in the non-vtec varieties.

b20b will have the most torque down low

Not to bad I guess I think even with the additional size the b20is the way to go for me. I know I will need a ls manifold for it. For the wiring I should also go with a ls harness I think? Last question is for the tranny is one physically smaller or easier to wire? Thanks again!

4g63 n/a or even turbo is roughly the same size as a b20 but a little heavier. lots more torque too.

Anyone want to do me a HUGE favor and measure there b20 l x w x h PLEASE! Ive been searching and searching and need to make sure its going to fit before ordering thanks in advance!

The size differences B gave you are for B series motors. The B20 is the same size as the B18 just more bore in the cylinders for the bigger displacement

Back