i have recently bought a honda civic 88 hb D15B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LeGacy

hi well im new on this :) i had buy a civic 88 harchback and well i want to know what i can do to my car i want to work on the engine but i need some tips i like honda civic's but i dont know to much of this type so if someone can help me that will be great! thak you!^_^

I just bought a 1990 civic hatch with the same engin and I am wondering the same thing im new to honda, any hlep is much appreicated I just want a quick fun car nothing too fast you wondering where to start??

I as well recently bought a 90 hatch with a d15b1 with 220k on it.It has a blown head gasket and someone jerry rigged the vaccum lines.
Im thinking it would be most feasible to swap in a whole new engine that's a bit less tired and more advanced, but this be my 1st Honda and im not well versed with the ECU's and wiring stuff like that.
after doing some research I think the easiest/economically( cheap and pretty good mpg)worthwhile motor to swap in would be a d16a6 correct? If someone could turn me on to what wiring and ecu mumbo jumbo I need that'd be awesome!

Oh and my goals for My car is to just have a well functioning motor that can get out of it's own way, and then do as much suspension mods as I can, because here in the mountains that's all that matters. I can compensate for the engine by going down the mountain. My d15b1 right now is probably pulling like 45hp with the compression loss haha:D

Ah thank you, for the link, this gave me some good perspective and i have now taken a part the motor to look at it ( first time in a an engine hoho) and It definitley isnt the orig. d15. it had a gas pump from a carbureted engine and the rings were extremly tight and there wasnt an edge on the top of the piston sleeve. so ive decided to just keep my b1 and maybe do an mpfi swap on her. thanks!

Back