I kind of have the urge to buy an old Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
A black on gray 5 speed coupe..EX of course (an SE w/black leather would be too much to hope for)

They're pretty cheap, have plenty of aftermarket stuff, nice H22 cadidates...

2020184550.193046911.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Old ? I have yet to own a car this new. Well, I guess my NX2000 is that new. But still. Old ?

Also, you would FLIP about this girl where I work. she has one, in black - Lowered, 5 speed, azenis, fartcan and she's single. She runs outside to have a cigarette when I go out. And she looks like Fiona Apple.

-> Steve

Without the H22, the 4g Accords are way too slow IMHO. My 86 can whip one off the line every time.

However when you drop a proper engine in them, they fly.

I hated my 87 Accord. What a hunk of shit, carbuerated and slow as hell, then I got another 87 that was EFI still slow as hell.

I got them both for free and they were both automatic.

Quoted post[/post]]
I hated my 87 Accord. What a hunk of shit, carbuerated and slow as hell, then I got another 87 that was EFI still slow as hell.

I got them both for free and they were both automatic.

I highlighted the cause of your troubles.

The four speed autos for the third gen SUCK ASS. Flat out. The carbed engines had only 98 horses and when you're pulling a 2500 pound sedan with that little power you can understand why performance was... sub-par. The EFI engines produced 110hp (86-87) and 120hp (88-89)... still not earth shattering. However basic bolt-ons produce some decent numbers and the amount of weight you can strip off that car is mind croggling. Throw on either a 2gen Prelude 2.0si tranny or one from the A18 dual carb and then you're starting to get a peppy lil grocery getter.

Edit: If you're uber crazy, you can build the hybrid Acura/Accord transmission and have the thing peeling through just about every gear. Never mind that you'll be pushing 4500RPMs in 5th and only going 65. :ph34r:

hmm, my brother in law has an 89 accord, 5 speed with EFI
that things doesn't seem to be incredibely slow to me, not the fastest car in the world but plenty of passing potential...

and the f series are REALLY strong motors, they will burn oil forever but never blow up...
and i think they are decently fast as well, as long as they're not real beat...
don't underestimate the F

but the H22 is definately a nice mod for these cars

and hosmer
my friend has a 93 SE, black with gray/bone white leather
already has an H22 plus oddles of parts...
he's been trying to sell it for a while now
might be able to get a decent deal
everything is new on it, he even got new carpet from honda
pretty clean car...

I guess I meant old as in like 4 generations ago...

-recked, whats he asking for the car?

I got a 89 Accord SE-I for a beater..it is my step-bro's but I drive it now cuase he bought a truck hehe. Its not that fast but its not really slow either...its a A20A1 I believe...

he was asking 5 firm, but now thats it winter and snow etc you might be able to get it for less

the H22 swap runs 2K easy alone...
KYB AGX just installed
all wheel disc as all SE's are...
you wanna see a pic?

Quoted post[/post]]
hmm, my brother in law has an 89 accord, 5 speed with EFI
that things doesn't seem to be incredibely slow to me, not the fastest car in the world but plenty of passing potential...

and the f series are REALLY strong motors, they will burn oil forever but never blow up...
and i think they are decently fast as well, as long as they're not real beat...
don't underestimate the F

but the H22 is definately a nice mod for these cars

and hosmer
my friend has a 93 SE, black with gray/bone white leather
already has an H22 plus oddles of parts...
he's been trying to sell it for a while now
might be able to get a decent deal
everything is new on it, he even got new carpet from honda
pretty clean car...

The 4gen was originally meant to have the H22 as its engine, hence why it fits in so easily. Same with the 3gen and the B20A engine. On both counts we got the less powerful single cam engine rather than the more powerful dual cam. The 3gen B20A produces 160hp from the get go as opposed to 120hp that the most powerful A20 will produce stock.

And that engine has potential

b20a-2.jpg

A LOT of potential.

Sans the big ol header, I could drop that engine straight into my sedan. Its a production B20A that's been given a bit of TLC by our friends at Honda.

Yeah, I'd like to see a pic of it..

The 3gen B20A produces 160hp from the get go as opposed to 120hp that the most powerful A20 will produce stock.
this engine was never released in the US, even in the ludes right?
and that is very interesting...
and friend and I were always interested in swapping an 88-89 prelude motor into an 88-89 accord, but i found out the ludes came with pretty much the same engine as the accords...
but the b20a def seems like a good canidate...

the b20a5 in the 90-91 ludes only has 135 hp according to our refrence section...
booooo

drivers side
https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/11..._276_602752.jpg

passenger side
https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/11..._276_239157.jpg

i also have pics of the interior and engine bay, but they aren't uploaded yet, let me know if you want to see em

sorry, not my style (kit/paint/4 door)...

Quoted post[/post]]
The 3gen B20A produces 160hp from the get go as opposed to 120hp that the most powerful A20 will produce stock.
this engine was never released in the US, even in the ludes right?
and that is very interesting...
and friend and I were always interested in swapping an 88-89 prelude motor into an 88-89 accord, but i found out the ludes came with pretty much the same engine as the accords...
but the b20a def seems like a good canidate...

the b20a5 in the 90-91 ludes only has 135 hp according to our refrence section...
booooo

Not the B20A5, the B20A with no trailing number. That engine was never released in the US.

The 3gen Prelude engine cannot be swapped into the 3gen Accord. The mounts make the Prelude's engine tilt the wrong way.

16v-engine.jpg

Stock B20A. Yes, in Europe and Japan there was an option of fixed headlights or the more common popups that we all know and love.

B202.jpg

Engine stamp.

2gPrelude20_11.jpg

Back