i need a helmet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
i like to go to the dragstrip.... now that my car is quick i need a helmet. i dont know much about them and need some help. i see that there is a huge price range and it has me confused a little. basically what i want is something safe and comfortable, but not over the top expensive. i mean shit im not a professional race car driver or anything, i just like to test and tune race from time to time.

any help on this topic would appreciated.

Unless you're going to use it for a motorcycle or are hitting 10 seconds or faster in the 1/4th I'd buy the cheapest helmet that fits and meets the standards set by the track. only dot? maybe snell?

My guess is your idea of quick is under 13.99? head out to your local walmart, I saw some full face motorcycle helmets there I think in the $70 range.

local track around here requires snell 2000 rating or better

its lookin like im going to spend $200 to get a decent snell certified helmet... i dont want to cheap out too bad :p might as well get something decent that will protect me if something crazy happened.

and yeah, i doubt i will ever get out of the 12s with this setup, but the guy was yelling at me last time i was out there and i had to borrow one.

you can get a decent scorpion helmet for $150. you can find good arai helmets online for $450. retail on those is about $700.

DON'T buy a 2000. it will be useless in 13 months.

SA2005 rating only.

M2005 is for motorcycles.
SA is for "sancationed Autosports"

HJC CL-15 is a nice helmet, snell rated, and will set you back $130ish.. Comfy, well vented, best bang for the buck. I'd challenge anyone to find a better helmet for the money. You can get them cheaper here and there, just search the web a little.

But all the big race car drivers wear Simpson helmets. $300+++

that HJC helmet does look nice but it doesnt have the SA2005 certification, its a motorcycle helmet.

you need to know about the helmets first. i mean u you can go for a good helmet when you have decided the perfect for your ride. check out the information on helmets at bikeSpace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back