I need a part!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ebonicsleazy

I had an oil leak coming from my vtec solenoid, and I finally got around to fixing the problem, only to find a new problem. The top part of the solenoid was broken, so I obviously can't get it to set right. I can't find the part anywhere except Honda, and they want almost $200 for it. I don't want to give them anymore money, because they've already replaced my entire solenoid twice in the last 3 years at $900 each time. They don't feel they are responsible for replacing this broken part because I just noticed it 1 year later.
Now, let's skip the comments on what a dumbass I am for taking a year to notice the broken part, and work on a solution. I'm hoping someone has a burnt up or wrecked B series engine, and they still have the upper portion of the vtec solenoid. If so, let me know, and we can work out a deal.

you should beable to find a vtec solinoid at a junk yard.....no need to go to the dealer for that........ do you have any pics of said broke part?

what year and model is your car? i'm more of an OEM guywhen it comes to replacing parts like this so i only use parts i know will work. post your vehicle info and i'll see if i have somethin layin around. i always put oem numbers on part bags of the parts i save. i do alot of engine rebuilds here but in order for m to give a warranty all the sensors and other parts need to be replaced. the machine shop i use also requires this and i've never had an engine come back under warranty. but who knows...i might have the part you need

Back