I NEED Confirmation here!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

i'm pretty sure what it is, but just need a second opinion, my tranny has alot of oil on the bottom, i took the starter off and found oil on it, my clutch slips. i'm thinking my rear main seal (i.e. rear crank shaft seal). i was finding little drops of oil on my garage floor, now its a little puddle. i am almost certian thats what it is, but i think a second opinion is always a wise decision!

thanks!
~Ryan

check your cam seals, and your distributor seal

it is prob the rear main, but it could be seeping into the bell housing

cam seal and distrib is okay, basically the top end of the motor is okay, just its seaping out of the tranny.

check the main oil you 'll need to remove the tranny.

YEAH i knew i had to take off the tranny, i know now that it is the rear main seal, i'm ordering a rear main seal kit from felpro. so hopefully by the 12th, i can fix that. i was worried about buying a new clutch, but i was told that a good rubbing alchole will pull out all the oil in the clutch and flywheel. so thats comforting.

thanks for all the advise and confirmation, i had a really good idea that was my problem.

~Ryan

could also be the seal on the input shaft of the transmission

yeah,i though of that, i have oil dripping, not tranny fliud. if it was tranny fliuid, then yes it would be the shaft seal.

75/90 is way to thick you are suposed to use 10w30,10w40,Honda MTF, or syncromesh, wow if you are runing 75/90 you are probaly distrowing your trans as we speak

Back