i need help my trunks leakn need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orangeracer

My trunk in my 96 honda is leaking and i dont no were it is coming from, anyone have the same prob. and were can i get the trunk weather stripping

i had a leak it was coming from the spoiler where the wires came into the truck fpr the brake light - there was no gasket in there so the rain and water would poor in through that little hole

if you dont know where its commin from have someone lay in the truck, with a flashlight, and then pour water from a hose allover it until they see it commin in, same thing happened to me!

It happened to my 93 coupe...but it was coming through where the quarter panels are rusted to shit... maybe check the inner fenders to see if they are hiding any rust spots or holes, especially if the plastic guard under there is damaged. I'd suggest taking out the carpets to inspect, it's relatively easy.... I ended up cleaning the rust spots on mine and using silicone to seal it from the inside.

If it's not there...then it's trial end error time :) but once the carpet is off it should be easier to find.

Back