1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help on a ECU!!

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by superlude1996, Mar 10, 2009.

1. superlude1996

superlude1996 New Member

Hey i just put a D16Z6 in my wifes 92 honda civic cx Hatchback. Well i need to now if there is something i need to do to the ecu that was hooked up to the d15. :confused:The wire harness came with the motor and of course i did install it as well. the car runs fine but no VTEC. I have a p28 ecu sitting at the house but its for a Automatic. Her car is 5speed. and i know i have to put the right 02 sensor. I read the threads on here and couldnt find anything or pics on the ecu convert. Can anyone help? Any advice will be used. thank you

2. haao13

haao13 New Member

either get a 5 speed p28 or get of the other chipped or the p28 you have now converted to manual. imo id just get a 5 speed p28 though

3. superlude1996

superlude1996 New Member

how can i convert this p28 i have?

4. sloefdud

sloefdud New Member

well what i do when i chip a ecu like that you just completely wipe it clean and solter some new resistors in and put a chip in and tune it. all it is is a conversion kit just like converting a po6 to p28. only thing you wil have to do is run the vtec wire.

5. haao13

haao13 New Member

youd have to send it out to like xenocron or some other shop. unless you can do it yourself or know somebody that can

6. sloefdud

sloefdud New Member

you could send it to me. myself or a friend can do it.

7. superlude1996

superlude1996 New Member

how legit are you guys?

8. Stleger184634

Stleger184634 New Member

yah i would use ur p28 and then just run a vtec wire and it should solve ur problems, but what i would do it find someone to chip it for you (one of the guys above can obviosuly do it), i do my own and for my friends but no online orders =) and then jsut use chrome and put some z6 maps on there and it should run mint with vtec included =)

9. superlude1996

superlude1996 New Member

Where do i run the vtec wire too and from? How long does it take? and do you know anywhere i can find pics on that?

10. Stleger184634

Stleger184634 New Member

11. superlude1996

superlude1996 New Member

Thank you very much. so i can use the p28 ecu or can i use the ecu thats in the car now. and run vtec wires? right? thanks again.

12. Stleger184634

Stleger184634 New Member

i would use the p28 if i was you, but also what you should do since you have the p06 already i would goto "http://web.archive.org/web/20051222104335/http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/IntroductionToECUChipping#OBD1_ECU_chipping" then go on ebay order the chip and a roll of de-solder,goto home depot spend about 35 dollars on a solder iron, and a roll of solder(the thinest you can find, should say for electrical). Then just follow the instructions online and turn ur p06 into a p28 its super ez man and its something that always comes in handy. =)

13. haao13

haao13 New Member

if he used a p28 why would he have to it chipped, use chrome for anything, or have z6 maps put on it when thats the engine the p28 runs?! the only thing he would have to do is have his auto converted to maual. check out pearable.net, j-k-tuning.com, or xenocron.com. idk about prices but i believe they do it

you shouldnt have to run wires for vtec. i do believe 92's were already wired for vtec from the factory

no you cant use the ecu thats in it. the fuel maps will be off and doesnt have vtec. just get the auto one you have converted or find a manual p28

14. Stleger184634

Stleger184634 New Member

no there is no wire run for vtec on a cx model.... so yah and you can chip a p28 i had mine chipped with a zif on it to, so you can do whatever you want to the ecu.

15. superlude1996

superlude1996 New Member

thanks for everyones help. i convert the p28 to a 5 speed and it works great. but the only problem i am having is the cel light is on. but i think that is from the o2 sensor. i still have the o2 from the 1.5 which is a 1 wire, i see there is a 4 wire plug. what do about that?

16. xenocron

xenocron Member

The only thing you can do is get a 4 wire o2 sensor and wire it up...or chip the P28 ECU you have, and disable the O2 heater in the chip.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted