i need help with this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

podagee

some say you cant swap the 92 d15b7 distributor in place of the 88-91 si distributor.i dont see why you cant.if the wires match then why cant you just de-pin or splice the wires.if anyone has ever accomplished this please let me know cause i am having a hard time finding the si dizzy.
91 d15b2 dpfi to 92 mpfi intake manifold.
please help me with this

I was under the impression it would work since they're the same head casting(thus similar distributor bolt pattern).

But, you're right about the wiring. You could just swap connectors, splice, or make yourself a adapter harness.

try it and you tell us. if it works you can share your results with us all!!!

no need to waste your time. you cannot use an obd1 distributor with an obd0 ecu. the amount of teeth on the reluctor wheels between the two are different and therefore send different pulses to the ecu. an obd0 ecu can not decypher an obd1 pulse, and vice versa.

That's true, but that wasn't the original question since he asked about fitment. So, who's to say if it's a waste of time. :p

thats a waste. OBD0 engines need OBD0 specific parts. everything is totally different with them. if your gonna do that either get the juimper kit or do the whole change over to ODB1

Back