i need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtecCivic

i got a ls vtec motor from someone, they had it in their 93 civic, im installing it in my 96 civic. mostly everything is done, but i need a distributor, and i dont know which one is right. i emailed the guy i got the motor from to try to figure out what year the block and head is from but he hasent replyed. how can i tell what distributor to get, there are 2 seperate connectors on the harness, one is a bigger connector with 9 pins i think and the other is smaller with only 2 pins, i tried looking on ebay but i cant figure out which to get , sorry if im an idiot but i need help, thanks

you want a vtec distributer and you have to match the obd of your car which would be obd 2 unless you are going to get a conversion harness

Get a dohc vtec distributor for your year of car. It will simplify your wiring. You will also in that case need injectors from your car or other obd2 injectors, and a obd2 ecu. Or just go ahead and convert to obd1 right now while you can, and use obd1 equipment. You'll need a obd conversion harness for the obd1 ecu you are gonna need, also obd1 distributor, o2 plug, and injectors. If your car wasn't vtec, you'll need to wire for vtec and a knock sensor. Hope this helps

acually all thats been done ... the car has been convertred to obd1 .... so i should just get an obd1 dohc vtec distributor?

the head has 5 or so little circles on the front of it. the first circle will tell you what year the head is.

it doesn't matter what year the motor was made, just buy the distributor to match your obd1 electronics, and you should be good. and make sure its a dohc vtec distributor, not sohc, I think there is a difference in the way they are mounted.

Back