I need info about drug tests!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
OK, here's the deal. About a month ago (give or take a few days) I got really drunk, and smoked a joint or 3. I haven't been smoking since I started my new job, because they do random piss tests. However, I'm getting hired on full time (off of my 3 month temp period), and found out that they require a hair test.

So, how long does THC stay in your hair? Will it show up since I only smoked once about a month ago? And does that shampoo stuff really work?

:(

Traces stay in your hair for up to a month, I think. Google up "folicle drug test"

THC will stay in the hair around six months.

If you honestly only smoked a couple of joints in the last six months then you're fine. There's tolerances allowed, like say if you were near someone smoking and you inhaled the smoke, so most testing places allow a tolerance that 3 joints probably wouldn't set off but if you've been smoking regularly in the last six months then you're screwed. If there's a problem, then explain the situation and explain that its not a common occurance for you (granted if its really not) and ask if there's a tolerance for being around marijuanna smoke.

This test is claiming it tests for 3 months, I always heard it as 6 months.

"Therefore an approximate 90 day history of drug use would require a minimum of one and one-half inches of hair length measured from the root line."

http://www.craigmedical.com/Hair_Drug_Test.htm

Shave a crew cut if you have a history of smoking in the past and maybe you'll pass the tolerances for the last month if you only smoked a little.

Even before I started this job, I smoked maybe once every few months, if even that...

info apparently from January of 1998 so keep that in mind

http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~klipsun/jan98/hairs.html

Hair analysis not only detects if drugs of abuse have been used, it also provides information on the quantity and historic pattern of individual drug use. This information is not available from any other drug screening procedure.

"Because the hair is nourished by the bloodstream, any drug residue is immediately trapped in the hair follicle and remains there as it grows. Hence we are able, through the use of an inch and a half of hair, to look at a person's 'history' for a three month period as compared to only two or three days for urinalysis," said Ray Kubacki, president and CEO of Psychemedics Corporation, the largest company currently marketing hair follicle drug testing. He explained that hair grows at a rate of approximately a half-inch per month.

"Bleaching or dyeing your hair will not help you pass the test," Kubacki said, "it's in your hair permanently." Shaving your head won't work either because "if your hair is extremely short, we can take samples from hair on other parts of the body."

Originally posted by reckedracing

"Bleaching or dyeing your hair will not help you pass the test," Kubacki said, "it's in your hair permanently." Shaving your head won't work either because "if your hair is extremely short, we can take samples from hair on other parts of the body."

Eh, its cool for guys to shave their pubes now a days anyway so shave them off. Shave that chest and ass hair too, and use a buzz clipper on your legs and arms if you have long hair there. Just put it on a crew cut setting and buzz up and down them. If you get any questions, say you took up swimming and wanted to be more aerodynamic in the pool.

I knew a kid that was ridiculously good at wrestling and into it so he would buzz he legs so that people couldn't really get friction on his legs and if their legs tried to rub against his they would slide off easier. He was also a retard.

last modified nov of 2004
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testin...ing_info1.shtml

Hair Tests
Are currently several times more expensive than urine tests (~$100-$150).
Are considered a relatively unintrusive method of drug testing.
Detect substance use over a longer period (see detection period).
Do not usually detect use within the past week.
Require a sample of hair about the diameter of a pencil and 1.5 inches long. They can not be done with a single hair.
Test positive a little more than twice as often as a urine test. In a recent study, out of 1823 paired hair and urine samples, 57 urine samples tested positive for drugs of abuse; while 124 hair samples from the same group tested positive.
Are not significantly affected by brief periods of abstinence from drugs.
Can sometimes be used to determine when use occured and if it has been discontinued. Drugs, such as opiates (codeine, morphine, heroin) lay down on the hair shaft very tightly and are shown not to migrate along the shaft, thus, if a long segment of hair is available one can draw some "relative" conclusions about when the use occurred. However cocaine, although very easy to detect, is able to migrate along the shaft; making it very difficult to determine when the drug was used and for how long.
Claims to be able to reliably differentiate between opiate and poppy seed use.
We've heard that many hair tests now check for more than the NIDA 5, and include at least Cannabis, Ecstasy/MDMA, Cocaine, Opiates, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, Phencyclidine (PCP), Benzodiazepines, & Barbiturates (2001).

Originally posted by civicious+Jul 20 2005, 04:14 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Jul 20 2005, 04:13 PM
http://www.testingclean.com/hairfollicle.asp
[post=529106]Quoted post[/post]​

And that sounds more like a sales pitch than anything...
[post=529110]Quoted post[/post]​

It is, but they gave percentages and a 300% money back guarantee. Is your job not worth atleast trying to give you the best shot of passing?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 20 2005, 04:18 PM
lmao @ whole body crew cut...

that might just strike them as a little suspicious...
[post=529116]Quoted post[/post]​

Honestly, it shouldn't.

Leg and arm hair on most people isn't very long, if you're one of those hairy beasts with the tangles and matts on your leg and you can't see anything but hair then you would need to shave them, otherwise its no problem.

As for the pubes/ass/chest, that shouldn't be a big deal either. I shave the pubes and pretty much every other guy I know shaves or atleast trims. Guys have their chests waxed/shaved all the time, so thats really not out of the ordinary either, same deal with their ass. Look at most pretty boy male models, hairless.

yea, its not abnormal to shave and trim etc...

but if he just found out there will be a hair drug test, and he comes in the next day with a shaved head and no body hair...

that would be suspicious...

and it would be real fucked up if it was just one of his friends telling him that to fuck with him... thats a good idea for a prank...

Originally posted by reckedracing+Jul 20 2005, 04:13 PM-->
Bleaching or dyeing your hair will not help you pass the test," Kubacki said, "it's in your hair permanently." Shaving your head won't work either because "if your hair is extremely short, we can take samples from hair on other parts of the body."

Not after about 20 minutes and my Norelco, mothafucka!

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jul 20 2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by civicious@Jul 20 2005, 04:14 PM
New2TheCarScene
@Jul 20 2005, 04:13 PM
http://www.testingclean.com/hairfollicle.asp
[post=529106]Quoted post[/post]​

And that sounds more like a sales pitch than anything...
[post=529110]Quoted post[/post]​

It is, but they gave percentages and a 300% money back guarantee. Is your job not worth atleast trying to give you the best shot of passing?
[post=529118]Quoted post[/post]​

Not for $99 and the possibility that it might not come in by the time that I have to take my drug test...will they give me my money back if it doesn't come in before i have to take my test? I doubt it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 20 2005, 04:24 PM
Could say he is a swimmer.
[post=529121]Quoted post[/post]​

Already said that :p ..

And he doesn't need to justify himself, "Why the haircut?", "It was time for a change, sir." Thats all he needs to say. With that said, I haven't seen pictures of his hair yet but I'd assume thats its not very long, most guys aren't. Maybe if he shaved dreads that he had all his life off or something it would be out of the ordinary. Shaving all the other stuff is personal and they can't say anything about it, as well.

Infact, in my friends murder case, the kid who murdered him had dreadlocks all his life and then shaved them off, shortly after. Nobody could say anything, there only could be a suspicion.

The company is willing to drop $150 on him, in an attempt to further him in the company. Obviously somebody likes him or he's doing something right, the company isn't going to be out for blood, I'm sure its only because its company policy.

Just got done shaving everything...goddamn do I itch.

I'm gonna pick up some of that shampoo when I'm at the studio in Houston this weekend...that site said it has a 50% success rate, I figure since I only smoked once in the last 3 months SURELY it'll cover that tiny, tiny, tiny bit up....if that tiny bit even shows up at all.

Goddamn, I itch.

Back