1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need info about drug tests!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by civicious, Jul 20, 2005.

1. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

OK, here's the deal. About a month ago (give or take a few days) I got really drunk, and smoked a joint or 3. I haven't been smoking since I started my new job, because they do random piss tests. However, I'm getting hired on full time (off of my 3 month temp period), and found out that they require a hair test.

So, how long does THC stay in your hair? Will it show up since I only smoked once about a month ago? And does that shampoo stuff really work?

:(

2. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

shave your head

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Traces stay in your hair for up to a month, I think. Google up "folicle drug test"

5. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

THC will stay in the hair around six months.

If you honestly only smoked a couple of joints in the last six months then you're fine. There's tolerances allowed, like say if you were near someone smoking and you inhaled the smoke, so most testing places allow a tolerance that 3 joints probably wouldn't set off but if you've been smoking regularly in the last six months then you're screwed. If there's a problem, then explain the situation and explain that its not a common occurance for you (granted if its really not) and ask if there's a tolerance for being around marijuanna smoke.

This test is claiming it tests for 3 months, I always heard it as 6 months.

"Therefore an approximate 90 day history of drug use would require a minimum of one and one-half inches of hair length measured from the root line."

http://www.craigmedical.com/Hair_Drug_Test.htm

Shave a crew cut if you have a history of smoking in the past and maybe you'll pass the tolerances for the last month if you only smoked a little.

6. totalburnout

7. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Even before I started this job, I smoked maybe once every few months, if even that...

8. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

info apparently from January of 1998 so keep that in mind

http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~klipsun/jan98/hairs.html

9. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

10. totalburnout

Eh, its cool for guys to shave their pubes now a days anyway so shave them off. Shave that chest and ass hair too, and use a buzz clipper on your legs and arms if you have long hair there. Just put it on a crew cut setting and buzz up and down them. If you get any questions, say you took up swimming and wanted to be more aerodynamic in the pool.

I knew a kid that was ridiculously good at wrestling and into it so he would buzz he legs so that people couldn't really get friction on his legs and if their legs tried to rub against his they would slide off easier. He was also a retard.

11. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

last modified nov of 2004
    http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testin...ing_info1.shtml

12. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

lmao @ whole body crew cut...

that might just strike them as a little suspicious...

13. totalburnout

It is, but they gave percentages and a 300% money back guarantee. Is your job not worth atleast trying to give you the best shot of passing?

14. totalburnout

Honestly, it shouldn't.

Leg and arm hair on most people isn't very long, if you're one of those hairy beasts with the tangles and matts on your leg and you can't see anything but hair then you would need to shave them, otherwise its no problem.

As for the pubes/ass/chest, that shouldn't be a big deal either. I shave the pubes and pretty much every other guy I know shaves or atleast trims. Guys have their chests waxed/shaved all the time, so thats really not out of the ordinary either, same deal with their ass. Look at most pretty boy male models, hairless.

15. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Could say he is a swimmer.

16. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

yea, its not abnormal to shave and trim etc...

but if he just found out there will be a hair drug test, and he comes in the next day with a shaved head and no body hair...

that would be suspicious...

and it would be real fucked up if it was just one of his friends telling him that to fuck with him... thats a good idea for a prank...

17. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Not for $99 and the possibility that it might not come in by the time that I have to take my drug test...will they give me my money back if it doesn't come in before i have to take my test? I doubt it.

18. totalburnout

Already said that :p ..

And he doesn't need to justify himself, "Why the haircut?", "It was time for a change, sir." Thats all he needs to say. With that said, I haven't seen pictures of his hair yet but I'd assume thats its not very long, most guys aren't. Maybe if he shaved dreads that he had all his life off or something it would be out of the ordinary. Shaving all the other stuff is personal and they can't say anything about it, as well.

Infact, in my friends murder case, the kid who murdered him had dreadlocks all his life and then shaved them off, shortly after. Nobody could say anything, there only could be a suspicion.

The company is willing to drop $150 on him, in an attempt to further him in the company. Obviously somebody likes him or he's doing something right, the company isn't going to be out for blood, I'm sure its only because its company policy.

19. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Im with the full body shave. :)

20. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Just got done shaving everything...goddamn do I itch.

I'm gonna pick up some of that shampoo when I'm at the studio in Houston this weekend...that site said it has a 50% success rate, I figure since I only smoked once in the last 3 months SURELY it'll cover that tiny, tiny, tiny bit up....if that tiny bit even shows up at all.

Goddamn, I itch.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted