i need new cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kool thanks for the needed information gsrcrxsi. i think i will look in to useing a b18 block

look in junk yards. ive found many ls motors that are obd0 around here for like 300. my problem is emissions wont let me put older motors into my newer car. :mad: so i get screwed over cause i cant find obd 1 or 2 for shit around here. if you dont like the idea of lsvtec then i dunno what to tell you cause gsr blocks are a bitch to find for cheap. maybe your luckier than i am. good luck.

blanco, you can get like 250 hp out of a stup like that. maybe it was a typo, but if you only make 200 wth that setup something is wrong, lol. hell i should make over 200 with my 1.8L 11.5:1 comression engine.

i think im gona get a b18b or b20b long block from hmotorsonline. then get my hands on a crower 2.1L or 2.2L stoker and then go from there

Quoted post[/post]]
Why are you so dead set on stroking when you could just over bore?

Because he hasn't done any research beyond looking at online performance parts catalogs. I remember being in that boat about 6 years ago. I wouldn't worry about name brand parts, what engine to use, what class to race. Start with the basics. Saying you want 250 horsepower is like telling us you want a cool set of shocks. What the heck do you want 250 horsepower for? Do you think 180 is not going to be enough for your crx? How can you know that? You're probably driving with the stock d-series in it still, pumping out all its sub-125 bhp, and you are saying 250 is what you are going to need. I'll tell you I've dropped a lot of time and money into my NA ls, and I hope for around 190 with a good tune to the wheels. That is nearly double the stock output. I can't imagine how it's going to feel. And this is in an integra. You are talking about a car that weights probalbly 700 lb less. You need to jump into a fast car to know what you are talking about. I'm not trying to be harsh, but reality needs to set in sometime, and what you are talking about carries no real merit, because you have't stated any realy goals. "having 250 hp" is not a goal, it is merely a means to an end. And yeah, you aren't going to ever get that out of a b16 without boost. You are lucky to get that out of any honda 4-banger.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Why are you so dead set on stroking when you could just over bore?

Because he hasn't done any research beyond looking at online performance parts catalogs. I remember being in that boat about 6 years ago. I wouldn't worry about name brand parts, what engine to use, what class to race. Start with the basics. Saying you want 250 horsepower is like telling us you want a cool set of shocks. What the heck do you want 250 horsepower for? Do you think 180 is not going to be enough for your crx? How can you know that? You're probably driving with the stock d-series in it still, pumping out all its sub-125 bhp, and you are saying 250 is what you are going to need. I'll tell you I've dropped a lot of time and money into my NA ls, and I hope for around 190 with a good tune to the wheels. That is nearly double the stock output. I can't imagine how it's going to feel. And this is in an integra. You are talking about a car that weights probalbly 700 lb less. You need to jump into a fast car to know what you are talking about. I'm not trying to be harsh, but reality needs to set in sometime, and what you are talking about carries no real merit, because you have't stated any realy goals. "having 250 hp" is not a goal, it is merely a means to an end. And yeah, you aren't going to ever get that out of a b16 without boost. You are lucky to get that out of any honda 4-banger.
:withstupid:

200WHP = at least 11.5:1 in at least a 1.8L with some nasty cams
250WHP from a 1.6 litre would take an act of GOD. :p

[quote name='Blanco' date='Nov 11 2005, 02:48 PM' post='613309']
If you want an all-motor 200whp, here's a pretty good formula. (You REALLY need to do a lot more research into B16s and all-motor Hondas in generally before you buy anything.)

Block:
Integra 1.8l sleeved and bored out to 86mm

There is really no reason to bore out to 86mm. With a bore that large you will run into headgasket sealing issues. An 84.5 or 85mm bore is good.

racing in the unlimited class can have it perks...

but in the end, it all comes down to who's wallet is fatter.

if you want to have FUN out there, h1 is where its at. its the most competetive, and its fairly inexpensive to stay there.

going for anything over 200 whp on a b16a is pushing the limits of budget and practicality.

If i wer to build an h1 car, i'd swap in jdm ITR, ctr cams, some fuel and tunign work, and focus the rest of my money on the chassis and suspension.

THATS where you win the race, not in the horse power battle. in the suspension and handeling dynamics.

Fast cars don't win in races like this. Fast drivers do.

keep that in mind.

mod your self (put your self through racing scool, HPDE, get your SCCA license, because you will need that probably anyway), then mod your car.

Back