I need some serious help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In an attempt to help you brainstorm.....IAT sensor needs a new plug so you need to source one out and extend the line. I apologize but I am not sure about the color codes as they will apply to the correct IAT plug for the sensor. If you have access to a local junkyard/dismantler/recycler go there and find an OBD2 DOHC VTEC to use as a reference

One of your plugs that isn't being used is for the evap purge solenoid. It is a small solenoid that has vacuum lines that lead into the charcoal canister. JDM motor do not use this solenoid.

i just had the same issue and i went threw my hole harness and their was some chopped area's and being obd2 i only had one o2 sensor hooked up. make sure all the o2's are their and try.

Are teh fuel injectors stock? I can see the Throttle Body isn't so I am wondering if this is a possible source of it running rich?

i just had the same issue and i went threw my hole harness and their was some chopped area's and being obd2 i only had one o2 sensor hooked up. make sure all the o2's are their and try.

There is no catalytic converter and no O2 sensors, I'm not sure what to do about that

Are teh fuel injectors stock? I can see the Throttle Body isn't so I am wondering if this is a possible source of it running rich?

The injectors are stock, the throttle body is a Blox

In an attempt to help you brainstorm.....IAT sensor needs a new plug so you need to source one out and extend the line. I apologize but I am not sure about the color codes as they will apply to the correct IAT plug for the sensor. If you have access to a local junkyard/dismantler/recycler go there and find an OBD2 DOHC VTEC to use as a reference

One of your plugs that isn't being used is for the evap purge solenoid. It is a small solenoid that has vacuum lines that lead into the charcoal canister. JDM motor do not use this solenoid.

I'm going to look for that thanks!

So two of those plugs must be for the O2 sensors! That would definitely cause the motor to run rich b/c the ECU is not getting feedback from the O2 sensors telling it how to adjust fuel ratios.

Guessing there is a header instead of the stock exhaust manifold? Has the bung hole for the O2 been plugged/welded? The second O2 goes on the Cat.

I see California plates and its going to be pretty hard to get that thing BAR'd and smogged (even in tip top running shape). It is possible and you may have the situation under control but I thought I would mention it.

So two of those plugs must be for the O2 sensors! That would definitely cause the motor to run rich b/c the ECU is not getting feedback from the O2 sensors telling it how to adjust fuel ratios.

Guessing there is a header instead of the stock exhaust manifold? Has the bung hole for the O2 been plugged/welded? The second O2 goes on the Cat.

I see California plates and its going to be pretty hard to get that thing BAR'd and smogged (even in tip top running shape). It is possible and you may have the situation under control but I thought I would mention it.

thanks man, the cat has been replaced with a test pipe and has no O2 sensor, That;s probably my biggest problem. The smog is taken care of and we don't have annual certifications in the desert. I was hoping to somehow bypass the need for the Cat O2 sensor, but maybe I'll have to put one in the test pipe?

You can bypass both the O2 sensors but it would take a chipped/socketed OBD1 ECU and a jumper harness to convert it to OBD1. You can have a variety of sensors deleted (including O2) But, if you do this, I would suggest you have a tune done on it (preferably a dyno tune) and you research to find someone who KNOWS how to program an ECU.....its like buring a CD....lots of people know how but few can put together a good mix/flow.

You can bypass both the O2 sensors but it would take a chipped/socketed OBD1 ECU and a jumper harness to convert it to OBD1. You can have a variety of sensors deleted (including O2) But, if you do this, I would suggest you have a tune done on it (preferably a dyno tune) and you research to find someone who KNOWS how to program an ECU.....its like buring a CD....lots of people know how but few can put together a good mix/flow.

Thanks that was our plan
We did buy a chipped/socketed OBD1 ECU and a jumper harness to convert it to OBD1.
We also bought a hondata s200 for that very reason but we can't find anybody to do it

Turns out the OBD1 P28 already has the eeprom socket for the hondata, so I'm gonna hook it all together and give it a shot

It needs to be tuned. It may run on that ECU but I am pretty sure it has no base map on it yet and I do not advise you drive it until you get a tune. Sounds like you are in So-Cal and there's tons of shops within a 1-3 our drive.
Probably run you $100-250 for the dyno-tune

Get that IAT situation taken care of and make sure what plugs are for O2's and if there is any other plugs that need a home. I would advise hooking up one O2 but just my opinion

It needs to be tuned. It may run on that ECU but I am pretty sure it has no base map on it yet and I do not advise you drive it until you get a tune. Sounds like you are in So-Cal and there's tons of shops within a 1-3 our drive.
Probably run you $100-250 for the dyno-tune

Get that IAT situation taken care of and make sure what plugs are for O2's and if there is any other plugs that need a home. I would advise hooking up one O2 but just my opinion

what kind of a shop do I look for?

You can google for dyno shops and find one that caters to Honda motors.

I know Church Automotive Testing is in So-Cal and they do a lot of Hondas

Thanks man!
I called Shawn Church down there and he helped me out a bunch
He thinks it might be the MAP sensor and told me how to check
We need to get it running not so rich then we'll take it to them to get dyno'd

you've been a big help, thanks!

Back