i need to identify a throttle body....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

ok i got a TB and i cant figure out if its obd-1 or obd-0. so with that in mind there is only one black sensor on it and i think thats the TPS and no other sensor. now the guy i got it from said it came from a first gen b16 but he also told me it was obd-1. but i thought the MAP sensor was on the TB on obd-1. so with all that knowledge can anybody tell me what TB i have? i need to know if i have to extend the wires on my crx from the firewall for the MAP or not so please help me out thnx -mike

I dont think Throttle Bodies are OBD dependent, in other words I dont think they are different. Maybe the TPS is different. On OBD-0 the TPS is the only sensor on the TB. As far as I know.

88-00 tps's are the same...88-95 civic tb's have an external map sensor, all b series TB's have a tps and a map sensor on them (correct me if im wrong).

If you doing a swap in a 88-95 civic any TB will work..if it has a map sensor on top you can get a blocker thing to cover it up. If your car doesnt have an external MAp sensor get a TB with one.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 9 2003, 01:24 PM
88-00 tps's are the same...88-95 civic tb's have an external map sensor, all b series TB's have a tps and a map sensor on them (correct me if im wrong).

on my integra the map sensor is on teh firewall... I corrected you cause you are wrong.

on my crx my MAP is on the firewall also. now im confused tho somebody told i would have to extend the wires on my MAP and on my TPS why would i have to extend them if the TPS is in the same place as my crx one? oh and where is the MAP on B series? is it somewhere on the motor? please let me know asap thnx -mike

You should have a dashpot diaphram on the TB if its a Non-obd. And like everyone else said if you have a Map sensor on the TB then you have obd-1.

o brian (leanmeanmarine) this was one of my dumber posts, just for the record.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 9 2003, 09:44 PM
o brian (leanmeanmarine) this was one of my dumber posts, just for the record.

Haa haa.... nice, keepin tally? Me too... I think I have to close to 1300 stupid posts... and non helping threads.... maybe I should be banned.

Back