I need to put a new engine in my 88 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well the car was sold from under me on my way to get it. So i am currently looking for an 88-91 Crx Si shell or running. Also I have decided to go with a JDM D15b with a6 5-speed tranny. I know its a smaller engine but its more horsepower, with 110 ft/lbs of torque, not to mention its a V-tec. And I can use the existing harness from the Si with only small modifications. So if you have done this before, if you've got any tips please let me know if there are any little qwerks I should look out for

I have a 1988 Honda CRX DX model which is the low end. The engine is a D15B2. The timing belt broke but the head is still good and need a cleaning job before installation. Email me if interested gamecocks97@hotmail.com

I am doing a D16a6/D16y8 "mini-me" combo and it is kind of hard to do compared to a D16a6/D16z6 "mini-me" combo. But remember that your car is OBD0 and the engine is OBD1 so you will need to purchase an OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness for the ECU, they typically cost $100. Other than running a few wires, you are already set-up with MPFI. I was unlucky and bought a Civic CX and had to convert from DPFI to MPFI, then I had to convert from OBD0 to OBD1 and buy another ECU (P06 converted to P28 for VTEC) to run the car (which I forgot to list above). I hope any of this information helped!

Back