I quit my first career yesterday.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

omg dead

donvkingqz2.gif

I hate my current job to HELL.
I have had a few careers, Stock brocker, Loan officer and currently in the hospitality industry. Im looking for some inspiration and motivation to get the HELL out ASAP.

I like cars, but i cannot see myself fixing/working on cars as i love it too much. Getting paid to work on cars will eventually piss me off...

So, if anyone has some websites for me to look at, changing careers or any motivational site, please foward them to me!

:D

here is my letter of resignation...

Thank you for the opportunity you have provided me with in allowing me to work at Waddell & Reed. I have learned a great deal about the industry as well as myself personally. You have a great dedication to your company, your office, and your employees.

Unfortunately I found that this career is not the perfect fit for me. It is in my best interests to move on to a career more stable and suited to my talents and abilities.

I would like to keep a good relationship with both you and Waddell & Reed. I will definitely recommend Waddell & Reed as an excellent company for investments.

What a bunch of bullshit huh? I tried very hard not to throw my manager or company under the bus. even though they deserved it. i had to maintain my professionalism.

Last edited:
Good luck, Nick. Wish you the best while you're freaking snowboarding all winter.

*flips nick off*

:p

Good luck, Nick. Wish you the best while you're freaking snowboarding all winter.

*flips nick off*

:p

hey, you are welcome to come out here if you want. all you have to do is buy the plane ticket. there is going to be a lot of good snow. the benefit of working hard and saving money is finally paying off.

I, unfortunately, only have bills to show off for my hardwork. I went from getting laid off at one job to another as my car payment and credited bills piled on. Sometimes I wonder just how the hell I was able to keep my car. lol

One day I'll have minimal bills and will be able to bank more than a couple hundred in rainyday money.

But in all seriousness, have a lot of fun.

thanks brother. best of luck to you. if you have any career related questions, i'm a pretty good source of information. and i'm a pretty good financial guy.

Hopefully all that is over. I'm back working for my dad which can be a pretty good career in itself. Of course working for such a small company can stifle my income in the long run. I plan on getting back in college for traffic engineering though... I figured out that's the type of thing I like. Geography, city planning, etc.

Anyway, I'm living quite comfortably right now, making the most I've made ever... but there's no such thing as too much money, right?

If I can get a good mortgage rate, I plan on getting a small house next year. I'm tired of renting.

Good for you, I took about a month off and really just couldn't see myself sitting at home drinkin beer and smoking weed all day, it was fun for a while, but I would have ended up running out of money.

I got a new job today though, management, probationary pay sucks, but after it's over I'll be making a little more then I was in NY. My rent is cheap as shit though, I could easily pay for that shit in a weeks pay.

yea i want to quit my job at pizza hut too. lol. fucking jobs around here suck. college ton flooded with college kids who will work for min wage. means no one will pay more then that. without a degree anyway.

Construction. I make about 11hr after tax, but on the weekends, I make about 20-30/hr. Depends on the job and the bid.

Same deal where I live. Town of 70k, 15k are college students.

I live right near DU and a bunch of community colleges. You'd have to be out of your goddamn mind if you thought I was gonna take $5.25/hr, I don't even have a whole lot of experience or a degree in anything, but I won't accept less then 9/hr for anything I do. But I'll get paid about double that after the probationary period is over.

Come on now, even a cart pusher gets paid like $9/hr, there's jobs out there, you just have to look.

garantee cart pushers get 5.15 here, lol. its rediculous.

i can really do construction, the hours would conflict with my school. i have school from about 9am to 3-4 pm. (dpending on the day) and i need time to do homework. and i wont work weekends, cause i gotta have time to go to the track when i want to or just chill out without having to hassle with taking days off. the pizza hut i work is retarded. at one point they told me that i wasnt allowed to request off at all. and they wont let you request game days off at all. so i just always say i cant work weekends, lol. since game days are usually on weekends anyway. and if i didnt say i couldnt work those days, they would work me EVERY weekend, i know, ive been there, lol.

but they are pissing me off so much lately. one manager is a complete ass. he used to be a driver like me (not that i liked him that much anyway) but becomming manager went to his head. and whats sad is that he has a college degree, just graduated, and he still works at piza hut. fucking weak.

and the latest annoyance is this shit with holidays. the general manager has put up a note saying that you can only have 2 of the 4 holidays off (thanksgiving, xmas eve, new years eve, new years day). this would be a problem if i actually lived here. but i dont, im just here for school. how the hell can they expect me to stay here by myself 250 miles from home and not spend the holidays with my family? i mean i understand they dont want everyone taking off but shit, 80% of the people that work there, live there. im talking to the GM this week and i swear to christ if he doesnt let me have them all off (like he has the past 2 years) im might quit)

I'm sorry but honestly, what you just said is severly childish/selfish and far from motivated enough to handle much more then a pizza hut job. Don't take offense but with that kind of mentality you're just not going to get much higher then a bottom of the line job.

i dont want to work, lol. but i have to. i have shit to pay for.

i work summers at a catering gig. i make decent money for the work i do.. i pretty much do what i want and its pretty lax as long as i get done what im supposed to do. i get like 12.50 working 40ish hours a week. and while im home (staying with my parents) i have little to pay for (other then ins) and no school to worry about.

i dont see whats so childish/selfish about wanting to spend the holidays with my family... and wanting weekends off to relax. i bust my ass. i go to school from morning to afternoon, and pretty much go right from school to work. and then have to deal with all the BS there, for "ok" pay (only ok because of tips). and then try to finish my homework while not staying up too late so i can attend classes the next morning. wash, rinse, repeat. im working on a dual major, mech. and aero. engineering, not exactly gravy majors. i guess it would seem childish if i was complaining but NOT in school... hell most of my friends dont even have jobs here.

Still sounds like you have it made and you're whining about not being able to buy parts and shit.

Sure I got a new car, but if I didn't go to work, I'd be on the street, out of school, and well fucked. No where to fall back. I got a break recently when I got new tools on account, and got a raise. But I'll still pay for those.

Back