i think i agree with steve.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
CT is the hardest state in the country to get a girlfriend in. This is a new theory I'm working on. I'm not really sure why either because the greed / work stress / the fact that you have maybe 8 hours a week to yourself and the misery of turning around and finding that you're 30 tends to make you look ... well... like a worn shoe.

we've been through this :p dont forget about DD!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, automotive laws in MA are a bit ridiculous. Provided you have a cop who wants to fuck you - you're dommed with a modded car. Whereas Cali has the coutesy to have Db limits, CARB certs and the like - MA can write you up for ANY modification they deem unsafe or too loud.

Of course none of this ever applies to Harleys, LS1 powered mullet-mobiles with straight pipes, or Foxbody Crustangs with sidepipes.

:werd:

When is somebody gonna get on this?? Like, subjective cop judgements dont hold up in court - i found that out w/my modified exhaust ticket :). I think its mainly a harrasment issue but everybody at the top of the legal food chain doesnt care.

When i first got into cars i wondered why i never saw any of the serious mods in magazines on cars in MA . . . then i discovered the 4 letter answer: cops

you guys are funny. i never get a ticket, but i do get hassled. i just had a thread on this!

Cash - we know your car is illegal by law in MA :wink: and theres nothing we can do about that :p

Chris - dont worry buddy, you'll be fine.

You guys dont realize that im going to be doing a MAJOR SWAP that will not only be LEGAL but smoggable as well. doesn't that make it a serious mod? :p i have absolutely no problems following the MA laws for cars. i have never, never received any of my tickets/warnings/verbals for my car being too loud, too low, or illegal equipment.

Quoted post[/post]]
You hate Rhode Island ? Well.. I guess man.. I hated it when I lived there too. You're on the edge of nowhere and no one wants to visit you. The town I'm from is STILL stuck in the 60s.

I've grown to love it :), I'll never move back though.

No, I like RI...I never get hasseled by the cops, I live in a nice area, and as far as the DMV is concerned my car is totally legal. Registered, Inspected, Insured

I'm saying I could get anyones car inspected if they lived in this state.

and we have 2 YEAR stickers

Quoted post[/post]]
yup, NJ has finally done it.
they pushed me over the edge.

this is absolutely absurd!

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A1500/1327_I1.HTM

So how do you go about verifing thaat the person who registered really provided a "legal name and address"
I mean an emial address is easy to verify,

the new registration process for using a message board.
1. hey I like hondaswap
2. wow a lot of good info, I have a question.
3. you must register to post a message
4. fill out registration providing "legal name and address "
5. wait many months for B. to get around to sending a post card to the "legal address" for you to sign and
return
6. sign proof of "legal name and address " have it notorized
7. waste a few weeks trying to find a notory of the public, waste more time setting up a convenient
appointment time.
7. return card to hondaswap
8. forget what question you had to ask because it took 5 months to register
9. realize you just waste 6-7 months of your life trying to register at a message board

simple solution, deny registration to anyone who lives in NJ

man think of the implications for other public type forums like Auto trader, this is great if Ibuy a car and it shits the bed in a week, I can now sue Autotrader and hold them liable.

NJ now sucks more than CA

Heh, yeah - I've never personally gotten hasseled by cops for my car - but lately the local cops in town are being dicks to a few friends of mine. Granted, with a cat on my car I pass smog fine - and theres no real visual inspection - but I still worry.

Yeah, RI is okay - but South Kingston cops can suck my left nut. I guess driving a lowered car immediately makes you sketchy.

Quoted post[/post]]
You guys dont realize that im going to be doing a MAJOR SWAP that will not only be LEGAL but smoggable as well. doesn't that make it a serious mod? :p i have absolutely no problems following the MA laws for cars. i have never, never received any of my tickets/warnings/verbals for my car being too loud, too low, or illegal equipment.

didn't you JUST post something about a cop hassling you outside of your apartment or something?

Quoted post[/post]]
Heh, yeah - I've never personally gotten hasseled by cops for my car - but lately the local cops in town are being dicks to a few friends of mine. Granted, with a cat on my car I pass smog fine - and theres no real visual inspection - but I still worry.

Yeah, RI is okay - but South Kingston cops can suck my left nut. I guess driving a lowered car immediately makes you sketchy.

Well Springfield is the area where all the races happened and people got hurt/arrested. Plus every ghetto idiot in this town slaps a pepboyz muffler on their civic's 1.5inch piping and makes more noise than a hive of killer bees.

The cops around here are hardcore.

Plus MA JUST changed the law allowing tailpipe tests for 96+ cars with OBDII malfunctions . . . . . :madgo:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

didn't you JUST post something about a cop hassling you outside of your apartment or something?

yes, but i didnt get ticketed. by law, he COULDNT ticket me. everything would have gotten tossed out easily.

and reading > you. that same post i say how i just had a thread about this.

Back