I Threw A 41 And 23 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdicustoms

i have a vx with a gen 2 b16. and i threw a 23 and a 41. can someone tell me what these are, how to fix them and is it ok to drive my car with these problems?

If you look in the Articles section of Hondaswap on the 4th page there is a listing error codes.

The codes:

41: is your oxygen sensor
23: is your knock sensor

Originally posted by bdicustoms@May 21 2003, 09:03 PM
is it bad to drive my car with these problems though?????

I'm driving with a 41 now.I have a high idle,I'm guessing from the ECU compensating and being safe and running richer than normal.Without the knock sensor signal,it (ECU) shouldn't allow the motor to rev higher than around 3K.

ive had it way past 3k and it works? isnt the knock sensor what engages vtec? how did you wire in your 4 wire o2 sensor with a 5 wire plug??????

I have a seven wire o2,and I haven't wired it,that is why I am driving around with a CEL 41.And the knock sensor thing,I guess it matters what ECU you have whether or not it will rev past and not engage vtec or if it goes into limp mode.

i have a p30. do you know if it will hurt anything though if i drive it??

Originally posted by bdicustoms@May 22 2003, 07:09 PM
i have a p30. do you know if it will hurt anything though if i drive it??

Same here,but I am rewiring it tomorrow.If it works out I'll give you the 411 (<---see I'm hip).How is it performing now?Have you driven it at all?

BTW:Even though my harness has seven,I found an interesting board that was saying that two of them just goto a void in the plug,so it would be a five wire.

ive drove it like 10 miles and it seems to sound and perform ok but i just wanted to know if i would hurt anything by driving it more??

I've put about ninty miles on mine so far with the CEL 41,It idles about 300rmps too high an bogs slightly for the first 150 or so rpms in first,other than that I haven't had any problems.If I get it right tomorrow,I'll get back to ya.

BDI - Check your PM's.

Code 41 is NOT just 02, it's the heater portion of it. You need to wire the 02 sensor properly.

Knock sensor has nothing to do with redline or VTEC. It retards the timing when the ECU "hears" a "ping" AKA detonation.

Back