I WANT TO GO TURBO BUT DONT KNOW WHATS NEEDED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYINCIVIC

WELL I AM A FIRST TYMER, I WANT TO INSTALL A TURBO CHARGER IN MY 97 CIVIC CX D16Y7, BUT I DONT KNOW EVERY THING THATS NEEDED IF I HAD A LIST THAT WOULD BE GREAT BECAUSE I HAVE AN ACCOUNT W/ EBAY IAND I CAN GET EVERYTHING I NEED FOR A COMPLETE KIT FROM EBAY. GUYZ! PLEASE? HELP! I'M FIENIN!!!! :p

Hi,

Holly shit first day with the computer and internet? (all in caps = very bad)

I wouldn't really go the ebay route. Some times you can get your stuff for cheap, and some times you end up paying more. Also you have to deal with the chance of shitty sellers that take your money and run and/or sell you junk.

Check out http://www.homemadeturbo.com

Also buy a book about turbos/superchargers and read up on the subject before you drop $thousands

:withstupid:
:huh:
:unsure:

do some research
you need it
lose the CAPS LOCK shit
do some more research

eh fuck it....

just slap a turbo on it and blow the fucker up

capslock.gif

First thing to do in order to turbo your civic: Smash Your Computer! :lol:
A baseball bat would work great.

Or are you on a public library computer?

to make a turbo for your car, make a HUGE hold in ur exhaust manifold and run a pipe from that hole back up to your IM. be sure to use alot of zap straps, u dont want that thing getting away from u..... :slap:

go on ebay and you can get this little electric fan that goes in your intake piping......same thing as a turbo, and the whole set up will only cost you 30 bucks. :lol: :rolleyes:

get an air compressor and make sure u keeps pressure in the tank, oh and get some muffler bearings too, you need those for your blow-off-valve-purger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can find anything on web. If google doesn't have it, then you can find it.

if you want a list of parts pm my.
Calvin

OK, I'll give you a serious answer, and you better fucking listen to it, because you need a TON of help.

Don't buy ANY parts for the car now. Educate yourself. Ask intelligent (key word) questions AFTER you've done research. And go buy Maximum Boost by Corky Bell from amazon.com I won't go so far as to say it's the bible of boost, but it comes damn close. Read it. Re read it. Read it again. Take it to the shitter with you and read a chapter. Read it on the bus. Memorize it. Then go to the FI board on Honda Tech. They have some of the fastest guys in the industry there. From what little I've seen on this board, everyone with a fucking keyboard is a goddamn turbo professor here. I wouldn't trust the info on this board as much as I would over on HT. Sorry B, but it's the truth.

that article is SOOOOO stolen.

does the dude from UConn who made that know about it?

Im not trying to be a dick to anyone, but cant the guy get a flat out answer....Some people arent honda experts as other people on here and need help with things.

not to be a dick, but there is no answer to his question.

what he asked is like asking, how many definitions of run are there in a dictionary?

what dictionary? what edition? balh..........

he needs to do some reasearch on his own. you can't just post, build me a car.

Parts lits:
Turbo Manifold
Turbo w/ internal wastegate
Downpipe
Blow off Valve
Intercooler (don't need but helps)
Super FMU (Fuel management)
Piping
Boost controller
Turbo Timer
Braided Oil Lines
and probably a few other things
They do sell complete kits on ebay, it's much easier to get everything you need that way but sometimes costs more.
The guys on here weren't lying when they said you really need to read up on turbocharging and everything. I made the mistake of thinking it was as simple as hooking it up and BOOM you're turbo, not really, almost blew my car up so I took it back off. I still dunno enough about that crap to try it again and I've been trying to read up as much as I have time to.
Good luck

Resident Turbo "D" series guy here....

DONT BOOST YOUR CX LAWNMOWER ENGINE.....

your just ASKING for trouble. if ur low on funds, and cant afford a
normal swap (eg: b16 etc et al) then pay someone to swap in a Y8
engine off an ex 95 and below, then boost it.

and you know what you just did by typing in all caps?

YOU BROKE THE INT3RNET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all.. i'd suggest a bit more reading and familiarizing yourself with different brands and parts of a turbo setup.

As a first timer, i'd look into TURBO kits such as REV HARD, Edelbrock or DRAG Turbo kits.
Those all come complete and you dont need anything else once you get those kits.

Wil

:roll: I was about to ask the same ???? 's What do i need for my turbo set up Woops LOL Late

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back