I went to the emergency room today..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

While working today I stabbed myself with a chisel. I install hardwood floors, and I had to take out a chunk of the board. I had the chisel vertical while holding it with my left hand, and hitting it with a hammer in my right. The chisel slipped/flipped out of my hand and bounced up off the table, and stabbed into my hand. It was about 1/2 inch deep, and 3/4 wide, and only took 6 stitches to fix. I'm starting to get the feeling back in my finger after the shot for the stitches, and it doesn't feel too good...
that's my day, what about yours?

Originally posted by Iron 1@Dec 10 2003, 07:12 PM
While working today I stabbed myself with a chisel. I install hardwood floors, and I had to take out a chunk of the board. I had the chisel vertical while holding it with my left hand, and hitting it with a hammer in my right. The chisel slipped/flipped out of my hand and bounced up off the table, and stabbed into my hand. It was about 1/2 inch deep, and 3/4 wide, and only took 6 stitches to fix. I'm starting to get the feeling back in my finger after the shot for the stitches, and it doesn't feel too good...
that's my day, what about yours?

:eek: That sucks.... But suicide isnt the answer. <_< :lol:

I went to the Honda dealership and got an oil change and my radio fixed...they had to order a part for my door lock that wasn't working, so I have to go back when it comes in. :)

took 3 stiches yesterday at work. Was cutting a vinyl decal out on a table with a straight egde and a click knife. The knife jumped the ruler and went through the tip of my left index finger, cutting my fingernail in half and finally stopping at the 2nd knuckle. OUCH! only 3 stitches though. I do have a finger nail that is cut in half through the cuticle. Ist a pain in my ass. I know the feeling!

I've never had stitches. Thank goodness. I'm glad you're ok though- flying chisels can do a lot more damage than just stabbing your hand.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 10 2003, 08:13 PM
i sliced my finger off once with a steak knife... i know what its like.

take some pics :D

sliced it off? the tip or what? :blink:

I knew a guy that put his thumb through a table saw, took off a good 1 1/2 inches. He went back a few days later and asked if they found his fingertip. :eek:

When I was 7 years old I ended up with my leg in a little sinkhole at the beach (I was climbing on the big rocks right next to the sand). I kicked and wiggled to try and get out and slammed my leg into some rebar. I ended up getting 50 stitches and a gnarly scar. :D It looks like the Mercedes silver arrow because it was layed open three ways. I tell everyone I'm an AMG, haha.

During the summer working at the top of the towers of the ride about 200 ft in the air i was replacing the flags up there. to keep everything on the towers so they can be easily removed we use zip ties, well i had one on the climbing harness and wanted to cut it off. the knife i was using slipped and went start into my other hands pointer finger, not to painful but i had to climb down like that. after i got down i noticed that the cut went straight through to the other side. the medic at the pack just butterflied it and kept an eye on it. i would have probably needed stitchs but we didnt want to wait in line at the ER.

sounds like me this past summer, puttin a piece of glass thru my hand.
and man I not one to complain about pain, but when they jab you with the needle to give you lidocane to numb everything up, man that hurts like a bitch. and I still don't have any feeling near the base of my pinkie and this happened about 4 months ago

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 10 2003, 08:37 PM
<----had too many stitches to remember.....

<--- over 400 external stitches or staples and at least 80 or so internal stitches

try me ;)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 10 2003, 08:27 PM
sliced it off? the tip or what?

well, it was at work... and i was going to open a gallon jug of BBQ sauce.

it had one of those foil seals on it under the cap... couldn't peel it back for the life of me.

so i grabbed it left my left hand, and stabbed it with my right hand

nothing

so i try again harder.. sweet got in... but when i pulled out, i titlted the knife too much, and clipped my thumb, slicing it with a serrated edge to the bone pretty much

sucked ass.

got blood everywhere... and ruined lunch (no BBQ sauce)

worst cut ive ever gotten was at work while cutting cucumbers, the knives had just been brought back from the sharpener and they were sharp as fuck, needless to say a good bit of one of my fingers was sliced, blood everywhere

I own all of you

Medivac chopper ride after I rode my bike of a 75 foot cliff and landed on the bike 1 spoke through the shoulder own in the gut, shattered knee ( currently sporting a titanium / plastic one), two broken ribs, broken nose, arm, and lots of internal bruising/ bleeding ( bye bye spleen), and lots of stitches in the face

I just remembered something I did at Arby's. My managers were on this big ass cleaning craze, so I started on the dishes and whatnot. I looked over to the left of the sink and I noticed all the grime and gunk on the knife holder. So I emptied all the knives out and proceeded to clean it and clean it. It was basically a box that is open on the bottom (to let the water run out). Well as I was scrubbing it, my hand slipped off the green scratcher pad and my thumb went down the side of the open end...The metal was pretty dull (which makes it hurt worse if you've ever been cut by a dull knife) I managed to scrape out an inch or two of the skin off the side of my right thumb. No stitches but I could pull and flip around that inch of skin and look inside and see the bone (it's right at the first knuckle) Yeah... no stitches but it hurt like a fucker.

:puke2:

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 11 2003, 12:33 AM
I own all of you

BISH PLEASE!!!!

s3e2e011b55057.jpg

T-boned a dodge ram at about 45mph

chopper ride to the hospital
ICU 2 weeks (i heal quick :) )

stage 3 compound right tib-fib fracture (bone graft, muscle graft, skin graft, external fixator for 3 months, 3 different casts over the next 6 months)
16" laseration to right thigh
10" laseration to left knee
dislocated left knee
broken left ulna (bone graft, external fixator for 2 months, cast for 1 month)
a few broken ribs (they never said how many)
collapded right lung (chest tube and ventilator for 2 weeks)
broken nose, broken cheek bone, broken eye socket (they cut across the top of my head from ear to ear and pealed my face off... put about 12-16 screws and a few plates in, several internal stitches, 64 staples)
broke C1 and C2 in my neck

there was more... but thats the big stuff :)

ya but do you have a fake knee joint?
and i forgot to mention 6 mounths in rehab learning to walk/ run

Back