I would kill any of you

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this IS the eg hatch of france 20 years ago. lol

That's the Renault 5, dingbat.

And there are some NASTY ASS Renault 5's out there. Stuff you can't get your hands on.

Would you want a 1st gen CRX with a factory-reliable K24A ?

It's just a CRX.

no actually, i wouldnt. again, i would understand why they would want it, but in the end, its still a crx.

im not a fan of classic cars (read non-american classic cars), and definitely not a fan of renault. The vega isnt a classic, get over it. :)

The vega is a classic, this conversation is completely out of place in a honda forum, and steve that car is still terrible, ugly, unreliable, and will get passed by any other 70s spec cars.

The vega is a classic, this conversation is completely out of place in a honda forum, and steve that car is still terrible, ugly, unreliable, and will get passed by any other 70s spec cars.

I've lost track. Which car are we talking about here, right now ?

And lemme get this straight....

You wouldn't like a ... say, and old Bugatti because it's not as fast as a Type R Integra or something similar ?

I recall a time, and it prolly still stands : That lots of you would like a Porsche 911 3.2 NA for $15,000.

Those cars aren't that fast either. They don't even corner too well.

id wouldnt buy it but is is a nice clasic car and i would keep and take care of it if it was given to me

and at least if you have a shitty N/A porsche that handles like ass it is still a panty droper and you can get all kinds of women with it because they know no diffrent. Till you race that kid in that old beat up CRX (with a k24 :) ) and make a fool of your self im front of her and she makes fun of you the rest of the night

I recall a time, and it prolly still stands : That lots of you would like a Porsche 911 3.2 NA for $15,000.

Those cars aren't that fast either. They don't even corner too well.
Have terrible electrical problems, can't corner for shit, have a terrible resale value, parts are beyond expensive and they have ridiculous upkeep.

......I think I will find a way to manage without one.

15k...... 240sx, fully built 350z motor and trans, full suspension, caged, 5 lug swap and built diff.

Sounds like an F1, it'll keep up with a Z06 when I get it all lined out.

I still want an old Alfa. It's besides the point, but opinion often surpasses reality all the time. A local group of friends swear up and down that GT-R's are overrated and that a 3rd-gen Camaro is a better purchase.

Its a cool car in a unique kind of way, its one of those each to their own, I'd like to see one but would much rather own an old school 911 or even a 240/280Z with a wide body kit.

both could be heavily modded where that car, I would never want to touch due to there not being many of them.

Neat car, something I'd want to check out at a car show but to own one. Meh.

I still want an old Alfa. It's besides the point, but opinion often surpasses reality all the time. A local group of friends swear up and down that GT-R's are overrated and that a 3rd-gen Camaro is a better purchase.
Gt-rs are overrated..... and 3rd gen camaros are a better purchase... if you are ONLY going to be drag racing it.

renaults are one of the worst cars ever produced.... why do you think they are not in US market? they can't meet any safety standards or minimum regulations.... my father had a 1994 renault 9 when we lived in argentina, it looked good at the time he bought it but after living in the states for 6 years and going back there and taking a second look at the car, i can tell u that the first kias that came out here are at least 3x better than renaults.... and yeah that car cant be anymore hideous .... i'd rather drive a ford festiva than that car.

eh im not really feelin it:(
id rather buy an eg hatch and use the rest of the money on mods

spoken like true young noobs.

And no you cant swap a vtec in it! noob. You guys are so up Honda's rectum that you fail to see the special things bout the car such as its pedigree and rare find. Not to mention history!. Not my cup of tea but i do respect it for its line of racing.

some people...dont lump us all in.

and im still not sure if i believe that car has the pedigree you refer to.

renaults are one of the worst cars ever produced.... why do you think they are not in US market? they can't meet any safety standards or minimum regulations.... my father had a 1994 renault 9 when we lived in argentina, it looked good at the time he bought it but after living in the states for 6 years and going back there and taking a second look at the car, i can tell u that the first kias that came out here are at least 3x better than renaults.... and yeah that car cant be anymore hideous .... i'd rather drive a ford festiva than that car.

I drove a Renault Alliance for awhile too. It wasn't a great car, but it was cheap - and that's why they were made.

That's why "performance car" is such a misnomer. A Yaris is a performance car, because it performs it's job very well.

My Alliance had 4 windows, and one window knob - by design. You had to hand off the knob to someone for them to roll the window down.

Now I drive a Peugeot 505GL and lemme tell you.. that thing is a tank. But it's a "full size" luxury car ( I think it's the largest car France ever made ) and it's smooth and very comfy. I think it does it's job very well. But it's boring as hell too.

Renault and Peugeot came together for the engine that's found in the Delorean.

This A310 is as much a Renault as a Corvette is a Chevrolet. It's made by completely different people in a completely different factory.

i like the philistine addition... sometimes it is just too hard to look outside the borders, i guess

:unsure:

Back