IACV swap problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeremya72

Hey guys, I have a '97 civic that was a D16Y8 but now has a JDM D15B. I swapped in a computer and obd2 to obd1 wiring kit from rywire. The car runs, but I'm getting the iacv code because the car still has a 3 wire iacv and I need to switch it to a 2 wire. The enginge still has the Y8 intake manifold, but its an automatic. From what I've seen the iacv for the 96-97 autos has a different mounting pad from the usual iacv (its rectangular). Is there a 2 wire iacv that has this same mounting set up or do I need a different intake manifold to make this work? Any help would be appreciated. Jeremya72

Okay, I guess I answered my own question. the automatic Y8 intake manifold does not have the holes drilled for the 2 wire style iacv. However, it seems that people like to use this intake for a swap onto other engines, does that mean I might be able to trade someone out there for a different intake that will let me mount a two wire iacv on my D15B?

Or you can drill/tap the missing holes on the back of the Y8 manifold so that you can use the 2-wire IACV.

you can take ur harness chop it off and eleminate the orange wire and use the two remianing on a doner eg harness and rewire it up to use the two wire iacv

Back