Iacv?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

littlecrxVTEC

Sup. Got a question-

On the rear of the intake manifold there is a diaphram valve (for air?) that coolant runs through, with an electrical sensor on it... that's the idle air control valve (IACV), right?

IF I BYPASS THE COOLANT GOING INTO IT, HOW WILL IT AFFECT THINGS?

I need to see if that's what is causing my crazy-high idle speed (2000~4000 rpm).

Checked all the vaccuum lines, changed the TB gasket, and in the process of changing the intake manifold gasked just for the sake of trying to eliminate any vaccuum leaks. Besides, the intake needed cleaning. It was gummed up.

Last edited:
bypassing the coolant to the iacv will cause it to not work correctly, I would suggest jsut getting a new one.
also check to make sure the OTHER IAC is working correctly, this one is located on the bottom of the throttle body, it only has coolant lines going to it, no electrical connector. Some honda's have it some don't. The one on the bottom of the t/b can be eliminated, but a cover has to be made so you don't get the intake leak.

Mine has the one on the bottom of the TB and for all I can figure, it's what is causing my high idle. How hard it is it to make a cover for it?

Back