IB Springs Arrived!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Thank you Jeff, I got the springs today...

Just thought I'd let ya know!

Teh shirts will most likely be down either today and shipped tomorrow or done tomorrow and shipped Saturday.

Awesome sounds good. They should be on tomorrow, but Monday at the lowest.

hell yea, take some pics! what size tires are you running?

Ill try, it depends on rather my friend is off work tomorrow so I can use his digi cam or not. I also am going to take them to Hurst Imports which is a close by shop who said he'd allow me to use his tools for the install... hardest part is getting everything off.
Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 13 2004, 09:41 PM
hell yea, take some pics! what size tires are you running?

Stock 14" Steelies. Pics in Sig... (1990 DB1 Integra) https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s407899fa1add1.jpg

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 13 2004, 09:44 PM
Ah, I'm running 17's.. I'm going to need a camber kit.

How so? If its less than 2" it shouldnt bother... to my understanding.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 13 2004, 09:44 PM
Ah, I'm running 17's.. I'm going to need a camber kit.

I would definitely get a camber kit for 2 inches of lowering, especially on 17 inch wheels on a Civic.

yes. i lowered my accord 2" and in 3 weeks, i went from 2 month old tires to wires.

camber kit is a definate, atleast on the front... you'll save money in teh long run anyway.

Camber doesn't kill tires, TOE does.

Put the springs on, and get an alignment without a camber kit. As long as toe is in check, and you aren't playing stupid hotrod ricer with the burnouts, tires will be fine, 17's or not.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 14 2004, 03:06 AM
Camber doesn't kill tires, TOE does.

Put the springs on, and get an alignment without a camber kit. As long as toe is in check, and you aren't playing stupid hotrod ricer with the burnouts, tires will be fine, 17's or not.

Camber definitely doesn't help- camber problems with toe problems is much worse than toe problems alone, and if some of your suspension components are wearing out (very likely), then you're going to have wear issues. Get the camber kit.

Now Im confused

B' - "it'll be ok"
Cal - "get the camber kit"
90 accord - "camber kit is a definate"

Names I'd trust, but torn on which to follow...

A 2" drop is quite a bit. Regardless of size, I would get one if I had the money. My car is pretty much slammed on my Skunk2 coilovers and my tires are nearly bald after only 8 months of use.

:withstupid: that is very confusing...

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 14 2004, 11:11 AM
Now Im confused

B' - "it'll be ok"
Cal - "get the camber kit"
90 accord - "camber kit is a definate"

Names I'd trust, but torn on which to follow...

Well, every one of us will agree that it's always a better idea to run with corrected camber than not, especially when you're talking about tire wear. The difference in opinion is just from experience and what we prefer. It's really up to you. If you keep your alignment in check so your toe doesn't go too far out, you'll probably be ok for a while. You'll still wear on the inside edges more because of your short sidewalls (more pressure on inside edge than with taller softer sidewalls), but it won't be TOO bad.

My experience- stock drivetrain with -1.6 degrees of camber all around- I drove for 30k miles and didn't have much of a camber wear issue. After I got my engine swap and started to really put down the power, I was down to the wires in another 5k miles.

Back