IB Springs Arrived!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In the ten Hondas I've lowered, ranging from Civics to Accords to Preludes to Integras, and between the stock 13's on the Civic to 18's on the Accord, anything less than 2.5" will NOT need a camber kit if you get an alignment immediately after you lower it. Tire wear will NOT be affected to the point of cording the tires in two months. If you need to adjust your camber, just slot the holes that the UCA bolts go through, rather than spend $250 on a kit. I've done this on ITA FC RX7s, and in five seasons since, there haven't been any problems.

Jesus, Ji... that's a great idea. What's involved? Just a Dremel and some patience?

i'm still skeptical about not running the kit. i got an alignment IMMEDIATELY after i put the springs on, like 3 miles afterwards.i went through 2 front tires in 3 weeks. got a camber kit and anotehr alignment and they laster me until my car was stolen, 8 months later.

Are lowering springs suppose to be "physically taller" than stock springs?

Originally posted by 90 accord@May 14 2004, 02:00 PM
i'm still skeptical about not running the kit. i got an alignment IMMEDIATELY after i put the springs on, like 3 miles afterwards.i went through 2 front tires in 3 weeks. got a camber kit and anotehr alignment and they laster me until my car was stolen, 8 months later.

Same here- my alignment was done before any miles were put on the springs at all.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 14 2004, 02:33 PM

I think it depends on spring rate and number of coils. With a different spring rate, they may compress down to a shorter height with the weight of the car.

Got one on as I had a spare strut without spring on it... the three others are to come however.

Before https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40a67094186b6.jpg
After https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40a66fa315fa4.jpg
Top of Strut/Spring https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40a6703229831.jpg
Spring (I like that color) https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s40a6705a24a00.jpg

Sorry about the life size pictures... someone would resize Id be grateful. As my friend who took and uploaded the pictures would not.

UPDATE - Went to REvline Motorsports had the front springs mount... well they ended up needing to cut the rubber thing that sits in the top hat cause the springs were too big. Please explain this... is this going to hurt my car or struts etc...

A little concerned.

why didnt you just pop on a spring compressor to get those springs on? when installing new springs/coils etc you shouldnt have to cut ANYTHING but a bumpstop ocassionally.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 12 2004, 09:26 PM
why didnt you just pop on a spring compressor to get those springs on? when installing new springs/coils etc you shouldnt have to cut ANYTHING but a bumpstop ocassionally.

it was the rubber thing that goes into the top hat... we had to cut the sides off thoguh but its still in there.

thanks for responding so soon.

yes, i know... but like i said- nothing should be cut but the bumpstop for those who go too low.

1.75 inch drop without a camber kit and never had a problem with early tire wear. I'm only on my 3rd set of tires since I've owned my car :shrug2:

Yea, well...

Im gettin grid of them, they suck... apparently I installed the wrong springs on the front... got em mixed up... leaving the front rediculously high

so I switched them...

no the fornt is on the ground and the rear is super high... like an old 60's muscle car...

Im getting Eibach Pro-Kit

Originally posted by brian11to1@May 14 2004, 02:33 PM
[post=332430]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe if u havent taken the stock springs offthe struts...otherwise they shoudlnt be......as far as thecamber kit goes..unless u make B's salary....id get one

Originally posted by driver1@Aug 24 2004, 12:10 AM
unless u make B's salary....id get one
[post=380810]Quoted post[/post]​

christ...

i can anme 4 people off the top of my head who post here who make more than i do. i'm hardly rich.

we've got a 2 inch drop on our car...we got new tires and at the same time had the alignment done...without the camber kit the tires lasted maybe 13k. so...i'd say put a kit on.

Back