ic piping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^crx^

i need a complete IC piping for my 88 crx and a down pipe. so i sendt a mail to wiredspeed, and the price i got was 450 for the piping and 250 for the DP.

is this a good deal? or is it easy to make the IC piping on my own?

Make your own, use those silicone things to connect until you can get it welded. All you really need to figure is the bends, then buy it from a site or go to autozone or another auto parts store.

Originally posted by ^crx^@Sep 21 2004, 07:26 AM
so i sendt a mail to wiredspeed, and the price i got was 450 for the piping and 250 for the DP.

is this a good deal? or is it easy to make the IC piping on my own?
[post=392963]Quoted post[/post]​

I got a 3" downpipe from Full-Race for almost $400 so $250 doesn't sound bad at all depending on what size it is. Also I think $450 is about the going rate for intercooler piping.

It might be easier for you to just buy it from WSL then to make the piping yourself and then find out you should have had the piping bent a couple degrees more or less and have to redo it or cut your bumper trying to make it fit. (Speaking from past experiences) :)

450 for piping and 250 for a downpipe is way too much money. Go to www.jcwhitney.com buy all the piping you need, then buy a chop saw and make everything yourself. Find somebody with a welder or take everything to an exhaust shop and have them weld it.

if you figure in the cost of pipe, shipping, the chop saw, plus time invested and the cost to have it welded, it hardly seems worth it not to just buy the stuff premade

Find a freaking shop near you. Secret Services will make piping for any application for about $250. Above stated prices are rediculous.

well i live in this freaking little country called norway so i have to do a litte reserch firsth on my local shops.. is
must i use aluminium on the IC pipes?

Originally posted by ^crx^@Sep 22 2004, 03:05 AM
well i live in this freaking little country called norway so i have to do a litte reserch firsth on my local shops.. is
must i use aluminium on the IC pipes?
[post=393370]Quoted post[/post]​

what have you done as far as rust prevention? inside and out.

yes, me and my brother is mechanics, i work on air planes and my brother on cars so the welding should not be a problem... but it would be easyest to get steel pipes to weld to geather and weld the BOV.
it`s just to find out the degrees on the bends that is a little problem.

Back