I'd rock it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Neither is rumored to be getting a hybrid engine. Both cars (ft86 and subaru version) are going to be lightweight rwd platforms:

Subaru BRZ STI concept gives first look at Subieyota

m7besj.jpg

well, the first problem i see with that is its apparently going to be available with 3 different badges?
subaru, toyota, and scion?

so, three brands with the same car. (yes, i know scion is toyota, but it will still make a difference.)

is it going to be 3 different prices for the same vehicle with same packages?

if they go this route, it will be spread too thin.
toyota enthusiasts wont want it because they will say "thats a subaru, not a toyota"
subaru will say the same, just vice verse. they'll also pass it up for a wrx or sti because when they think subaru, they think awd.

no matter what brand has its name, people will just say its the other and look past it.
brand loyalty is a bitch. especially when you have the same car in two brands.
its like the child of a white person and a black person, no matter what skin tone they have, they arent accepted as white, and arent accepted as black.

what i see there is a failure.
its a good looking one, but most likely a failure.

unless subaru's version has an awd system and a boxer engine. then there will be a reason to choose between the brands.
you could get a rwd toyota, or a boxer, awd subaru.

Last edited:
Yea DSMs never sold either... And when has affordability ever stopped Americans from throwing that shit on credit?

well, the first problem i see with that is its apparently going to be available with 3 different badges?
subaru, toyota, and scion?

so, three brands with the same car. (yes, i know scion is toyota, but it will still make a difference.)

is it going to be 3 different prices for the same vehicle with same packages?

if they go this route, it will be spread too thin.
toyota enthusiasts wont want it because they will say "thats a subaru, not a toyota"
subaru will say the same, just vice verse. they'll also pass it up for a wrx or sti because when they think subaru, they think awd.

no matter what brand has its name, people will just say its the other and look past it.
brand loyalty is a bitch. especially when you have the same car in two brands.
its like the child of a white person and a black person, no matter what skin tone they have, they arent accepted as white, and arent accepted as black.

what i see there is a failure.
its a good looking one, but most likely a failure.

unless subaru's version has an awd system and a boxer engine. then there will be a reason to choose between the brands.
you could get a rwd toyota, or a boxer, awd subaru.

Toyota version will in Japan, Scion version will be the cheap economy one i'm sure, Subaru will have the STi version, thus sportier.. :D

^ Word.

The concept I saw in person at the new york auto show this past year was badged as a scion.

Epic engineering ? They're dropping the body from a Puke onto a Skyline chassis ?

And I had no idea. No idea how bad it was. I couldn't grasp Datsun's idiocy until I heard "Engine to transmission shaft, then a return shaft for the front wheels". My god. Has anyone actually driven a Porsche 944 ? Mechanical losses abound.

Back