Idle Issues after New thermostat install..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DhN

so i installed my new thermostat..drained bled and filled system with coolant and everything..now i get a very low idle...like...2-100 ish...after car is warmed up of course...im also getting the egr and knock sensor codes even after resetting my ecu like 3 times after this whole shabang :dry: ....anyone know whats going on?

nah..im also shooting 2 codes..knock sensor and egr..but i think its cuz of my p13....cuz i dont have the egr blocke doff or anyting..the car runs fine..but after whikle..the idle gets real low

welcome to my world. Im gonna replace my EGR since i have a Dec 91 Motor. Im gonna see if it helps. My car runs, but glugs when the CEL is on. I have the exact same problem. I dont know if im gonna do it with this paycheck, but we will see. Ill let you know how it turns out if i do it next week.

Come to think of it, my buddy's Accord did the same thing when his car warmed up. The car would idle fine warm, then bam, it wouldn't even idle. It would die at intersections if your foot was not on the gas. His car didn't throw a code. His EGR itself was fine, but blockage of the passageways didn't let the valve do it's job. Try disconnecting the EGR vacuum reference(and block the hose). See if your car idles better.

It does idle better, but i still have no power at WOT

I figured the lack of an EGR was throwing my AFRs off and i also thought it could be the high combustion temp causing a knock.

Do you have VTEC with the EGR code?

Back