Idle issues, b16a2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Elayna

swaped a b16a2 OBD2 into my 98 civic HX. all is well with the car. car runs great but it seems that when you come to a stop sign after driving the idle stays up around 2.5 to 3000 rpm's for a few seconds before dropping back down to normal. no codes and no other issues with the drivability of the car. Could it be a vacuum leak in the intake or something? its got me puzzled. need help. its nothing simple like throttle linking or anything. all possible quick fixes have been exhausted. and it has a wierd idle pattern when ou first start it when its "cold" i guess you could say. flexes and almost sputters at you. you flip the throttle and it goes away. maybe these are ties in together? HELP! This is Racking my brain! Yea its a minor problem but its annoying. lol

Check the valve near the throttle body behind the intake manifold.
I think its called IACV it can cause idle to 'hunt' if its dirty or bad. It can be cleaned

If it doesn't help...look into other problems brought on and give off a hunting idle.
My old LS swap use to do that and a friend gave me a used valve I spoke of.
Swapped it out in 15 minutes and was good to go.

ok ill try cleaning the iacv i kinda ruled that out cause i figured that would throw a cel (had problems w/ iacv wiring when i swapped motors but got that solved thanks to this site!) thanks again

Back